This page relates to the year 1481 Calendrier Julien.
- Tizoc is the new sovereign of the Aztèques after the death of his/her younger brother and predecessor Axayacatl.
- April: In India, the regent of the Bahmani Mahmûd Gâwân, denounced with the sultan Aldine Shams Muhammad for treason, is carried out.
The Middle East
- May 3rd: Beginning of the Othoman sultanate of Bayezid II or Veli Bayazid II (fine in 1512).
- With died of Mehmet II, the top dog decides for Djem Sultan (Zizim, 1458 - 1495) but it is his brother Veli Bayazid, governor of Amasya which has the throne thanks to the support of the Janissaire S. Zizim, several times overcome, will flee in Europe where it will défraiera the chronicle (France of 1482 with 1489 and Naples of 1489 with 1495).
- January 6th: With died of Ahmad Khan, overcome by the khan of Sibir on the river bank Donets, the Horde of Gold disaggregates in several khanats.
- February 6th: First Autodafé (Act of faith during which the sentences of the Inquisition are marked): six men and six women are burned alives with Seville for crypto-Judaism. The November 4th, one counts in Seville 298 flarings and 98 judgments with the prison with perpetuity. Those which spontaneously come to confess their faults are constrained to ravel like repenting.
- April 8th: The pope orders the lifting of troops for the crusade against the Turks.
- May 21st: Beginning of the reign of Jean Ier of Denmark (Hans), king of Denmark (fine in 1513).
- June 21st: Bubble Aeternis Governed which confirms the treaty of Alcaçovas of 1479. The possession of the the Canaries is confirmed in Spain. Portugal obtains all the grounds in the South.
- August 28th: Beginning of the reign of Jean II Perfect the (1455-1495), king of Portugal. To break the resistance of noble to its policy of discoveries, it requires them a special oath of immediate rendering of the fortresses to any requisition of the king. He imposes the control of new royal civils servant on the administrations seigneuriales. These measurements are worth the recognition of the people and the inimitable one of the nobility to him, which results in conspiracies, in particular with the alliance of the Castille. The king is pitiless vis-a-vis the plotters.
- September 10th: Shoeing, king of Naples, drives out the Turks Otranto.
- December 22nd: Being appropriate of Stans. The cantons of Freiburg and Soleure join the Swiss Confédération.
- the prince Ivan III of Moscow invades the Livonie.
- Armistice between Frederic III and Mathias Corvin.
- collegial Government with the the Tyrol to control the disastrous management of the archduke Sigismond.
- Plague with Seville. It makes 15 000 victims.
- Confirmation of the discriminatory decree against the Jewish of 1412 in Spain.
- Beginning of the war against Grenade.
- October: Arrest of the Chancellor of Brittany Chauvinistic Guillaume for high treason. Pierre Landais is very powerful on the Duché of Brittany until in 1485.
- October 19th: Late grape harvest in the north of France.
- December 11th: The Anjou, the Maine and the Provence are integrated into the royal field French into died of Charles II of Maine, heir to the king Rene of Anjou. Louis XI of France inherits its rights on Naples. Marseilles is attached to the kingdom of France.
- Held of the great days or special sessions of the Parliament of Paris in Auvergne.
- consecutive Famine at a rainy summer. Louis XI intervenes to fight against the food shortage.
Art & culture
- Laurent de Médicis sends Botticelli to Rome to decorate the walls with the Chapelle Sixtine with the the Vatican ( the Youth of Brace , the Punishment of wire of Corah and the Tentation of Christ ).
- Vocation of the apostles Pierre and André , fresco of Domenico Ghirlandaio (1481-1482, Vault Sixtine, the Vatican).
- Verrocchio carries out the statue Colleone .
Sciences & technology
- Christophe Colomb writes with Paolo Toscanelli which encourages it in its highway design by the Atlantic Ocean towards the China.
- Publication with Venice of the Promptuarium medicinse , compilation of remedies drawn from the Greek, Latin and Arab doctors, written by Giacomo Dondi (1298 - 1359), doctor padouan of the 14th century.
Economy & company
- the wearing of Marseilles east in full expansion. Its entry in the kingdom of France devalues the Languedocien ports (Agde, Montpellier, Lattes).
- 4,6 million books of sizes is raised in France.
Edouard IV of England establishes a postal service.
Births in 1481
Death in 1481
- Axayacatl, Aztec sovereign.
- Jean Fouquet, painter and miniaturist with Turns (1420-1477/1481).
- Luca Della Robbia, sculptor Florentin (born v. 1400). Its nephew Andrea della Robbia succeeds to him in the workshop of the enamelled terra cotta. The sons of Andrea, Giovanni (1469 - 1529) and Girolamo (1488 - 1566), collaborate with him. Girolamo leaves the workshop in 1527, settles in France where it takes part in the decoration of the Château of Fontainebleau.
Be-X-old: 1481 Map-bms: 1481
|Random links:||1 E-10 m | Ludwig Forrer | Park of Achères - Large Cormier | Copa America 1957 | Years 1950 in France | Fédéralisme|