This page relates to the year 1476 Calendrier Julien.
Conquest of Chimú by the INCA S, which inherit its cultural traditions. The social framework is the same one there, as well as the territorial expansion policy and the importance given to the communication network. Military successes of Incas are explained by the existence of a caste of very trained noble young people and by the constitution of a standing army which can quickly reach all the parts of the empire in the event of disorders. The hostile populations are moved inside the country and are replaced by honest subjects sent in mitimaes (colonists).
the INCA S integrate the techniques Chimú of Métallurgie, weaving and Céramique of mass. They build new cities in the territories conquered to regulate the economic affairs and military. The administrators of the INCA take approximately 66% of taxes on the agricultural produce and manufactured (corn fabrics and beer for example) and require the drudgery of State ( put' has ) for the execution of great work (roads, irrigation, drainage, agricultural earthwork, careers, mines, construction of the fortresses and the new cities).
- December 26th: Assassination of Galéas Marie Sforza with Milan; his/her brother Ludovic Sforza More exerts regency in the name of his Gian-Galeazzo nephew.
- Conferences with Halmstad devoted in the future Union of Kalmar (1476 and 1483): of excellent statutory texts are written, but they will remain dead letter.
- the king of Denmark sends a forwarding to the Greenland.
- the envoys of Ahmad Khan summon Ivan III Moscow to bring the tribute in person to Khan to Saray, capital of the Horde of Gold. Ivan III refuses and returns the ambassadors accompanied by his emissary Matvej Bestuzev.
- March 1st, War of succession of Castille: Demolished of the king Alphonse V of Portugal against the Castilians and the Aragoneses with the Battle of Toro.
- the the Cortes of Madrid found a strong capacity: creation of the Santa Hermandad , sacred union of the cities against the banditism and exactions of the private armies (1476 - 1498).
- Given in order of the taxation in Spain: the indirect tax on consumption ( alcabalas ) makes it possible to the catholic kings to do without the direct taxes ( servicio ) authorized by the Cortes, which are less and less often joined together.
- the Juifs practitioners must carry distinctive marks. The Jewish communities see themselves withdrawing the right to judge the criminal cases.
- January 11th: Rene II of Lorraine is driven out of Nancy by Charles Bold the, duke of Burgundy.
- January: Charles Bold the enters to shift against the Suisse S.
- March 2nd: Battle of Grandson, victory of Swiss over Charles the Bold one.
- June 22nd: Battle of Morat, victory of Swiss over Charles the Bold one.
- July 11th: Giuliano della Rovere, future pope Jules II, is named bishop of Coutances, (France).
- September 8th: Marriage between Louis II of Orleans and Jeanne de France. Louis XI constrained Louis of Orleans to marry his daughter with an aim of extinguishing its line.
- the archbishop of Vienna enters to the service of Louis XI.
Central Europe & Balkans
- : Mathias Corvin conducts a campaign against Sabac, fortress held by the Turks who threaten Belgrade.
- May: Mehmet II walk against the Moldavie, jointly with the Tatars of the Wallachian of Basarab III, vassal Crimea and of the Othoman .
- July 26th: Etienne de Moldavie is crushed with the Bataille of Valea Albă (Ràzboieni). Arpès its failure with the head office of Cetatea Neamţului, the sultan is constrained with the retirement by the famine and the plague.
- August 15th: The Transylvanian troops of Báthory and Vlad Dracula then tackle the backs Turkish, then go on Targoviste which fall the November 8th, then on Bucharest.
- Vlad Empaleur goes up on the throne of Valachie, but Basarab III returns at the end of December with the assistance of the beys Turkish of the the Danube. Vlad is killed in the combat. The skin of its face, embaumée, is sent to the sultan.
- December 22nd: Mathias Corvin wife the girl of the king de Naples, Beatrice d' Aragon. The queen obtains the nomination of her 7 year old nephew, Ippolito d' Este, with the archbishop's palace of Esztergom.
Arts & cultures
Edition of a Hebraic Bible in characters with Guadalajara, by Jewish under the impulse of the cardinal Jean de Torquemada.
- Roland in love ( Orlando innamorata ) with Matteo Maria Boiardo.
- the Child with the dolphin of Verrocchio, carried out for a fountain of the court of the Palazzo Vecchio with Florence.
- Retable Portinari ( Worship of the shepherds ) of Hugo Van der Goes ordered by Tommaso Portinari, agent of the Médicis to Bruges.
Sciences & technology
the English printer William Caxton introduces printing works in Westminster, London.
Births in 1476
June 28th: Paul IV ( Gian Pietro Carafa ), 223e Pope of the Catholic church. († August 18th 1559).
- October 1st: Nicolas of Montmorency-Laval, known as '' Guy XVI of Laval '', count de Laval of 1500 at 1531, baron of Quintin and lord of Glazed. († May 20th 1531).
- Pierre Terrail Lord of Bayard born in 1476 with Pontcharra Isere.
Death in 1476
- July 6th: Johann Müller known as Regiomontanus, mathematician, astronomer and German scholar (Königsberg, 1436-Rome, 1476), one of the first astronomers to regard the Comet S not meteor S, but as Star S moving and founder of the modern Trigonometry.
- December 26th: Galéas Marie Sforza, duke of Milan, assassinated.
- December: Vlad Tepes (also called Vlad Dracula or Empaleur).
- Sir John Fortescue, English lawyer.
Be-X-old: 1476 Map-bms: 1476 Simple: 1476
|Random links:||Sealing | Ladapeyre | Inequality of Bessel | Convey modernized South-western with axles | List plays Atari 5200 | Résidus|