This page relates to the year 1469 Calendrier Julien.
- Axayacatl becomes sovereign Aztèques.
- the Portuguese Federico Gómez explores the Western coast of equatorial Africa (1469 - 1475).
- With the Portugal, the monopoly of the African trade is leased in Fernão Gomez for 200 000 réaux (gold, ivory, slaves and magalette, spice close to pepper). The king imposes on Fernão Gomez the exploration of 500 miles coast per annum.
The Middle East
Yusuf, plugged by Uzun Hassan, succeeds Hassan Ali like sultan of the Kara Koyunlu, but is assassinated by his/her son Ughurlu Mehmed. All the territories of the Kara Koyunlu pass to the Ak Koyunlu.
May 9th: Treaty of Saint-Omer between Charles Bold the and the archduke Sigismond of the Tyrol which yields the Alsace and the Brisgau as pledge with the help of a loan of 50 000 guilders (1469 - 1474).
- October 14th: Ferdinand d' Aragon wife Isabelle de Castille. The marriage is done with a false pontifical bubble of exemption for cousinage, confirmed a posteriori, and without the authorization of the king of Castille, Henri IV says the impotent one, brother of Isabelle, who recognized it heiress of the crown. The two kingdoms will be formally are joined together only in 1516.
- Laurent the Splendid one inherits the political power, a considerable fortune and artistic and intellectual dynamics which makes of Florence a European headlight. The June 4th, it marries Clarisse Orsini, which enables him to return in the clan of the old aristocratic families. It carries out a sumptuous life, is impassioned of architecture, orders fresco for its villa of Spedaletto, close to Arezzo (Botticelli, Filippo Lippi, Ghirlandaio, Pérugin). It supplements the collection of invaluable objects of his father (Tazza Farnese).
- Rupture of the Hanse with the England (fine in 1475).
- Shoeing must repress a country revolt in Calabria (fine in 1475).
- Etienne III Large the of Moldavie seizes the Transylvania.
- Foundation of évêchés of Wiener Neustadt and Vienna, in spite of the opposition of the bishop of Passau.
- April 22nd: The adviser Jean of Balue is imprisoned for treason and will be locked up in a cage.
- : Creation of the Order of Saint-Michel by Louis XI. The sovereigns will make use of it to reward the noble ones. He frames the nobility in the interest of the central capacity.
- September 6th: Louis XI goes in Low-Poitou to have an interview with his/her young brother Charles then of weapons against him. The two princes meet in the passing of Braud, on the Niort Sèvre, and seems to be reconciled, since Poitou is given in Apanage to the brother of the king, to compensate it for the loss of the Normandy. Charles gives up the Normandy as with the Berry, and Louis XI exchanges to him the Champagne against the Guyenne, in order to separate it from Charles Bold the.
Art & culture
- the Imprimerie is introduced with the Sorbonne with Paris, at the instigation of the vice-chancellor Guillaume Fichet.
- the German printers Johann and Wendelin von Speyer (Vendelino di Spira) settle with Venice.
- Miracle of the host , painting of Paolo Uccello. Cossa painted March (fine in 1470).
Science & technology
- Nicolas Jenson invents the block letters known as Roman.
Births in 1469
- April 15th: Gurû Nanak, ( Sri Gurû Nanak Ji ), founder of the religion sikh († in 1539).
- May 3rd: Nicolas Machiavel ( Niccolo Machiavelli ), writer and Italian Philosopher.
- October 28th: Érasme, humanistic thinker and Theologist Dutch (the year 1466 is also advanced).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Vasco de Gama, Portuguese navigator.
Death in 1469
- Moctezuma Ier, Aztec emperor.
- Antonio Averulino, known as Filarète, sculptor and Italian architect, (, v.1400-v.1469).
Marriages in 1469
- June 4th: Marriage of the large-duke of Tuscany Laurent de Médicis, known as Laurent splendid the with Clarisse Orsini.
- October 14th: Ferdinand d' Aragon and Isabelle de Castille.
Be-X-old: 1469 Map-bms: 1469 Simple: 1469
|Random links:||Berengar de viajes | Polyphagia | Vauffelin | Guillaume de Croÿ | Tony Cranium | John Gorton | Analyse_fondamentale|