This page relates to the year 1466 Calendrier Julien.
- Voyage in India of Athanase Nikitine, commercial Russian of Tver (fine in 1472). It makes of it the account in Voyage beyond the three seas .
- Mars: Louis XI of France takes again the Normandy with his/her brother Charles de Berry, which starts a new feudal revolt directed by Charles Bold the and François II of Brittany.
- October 19th: Second Treated of Thorn. End of the War Thirteen Year old: the Ordre Teutonique restores in Poland Poméranie Eastern and Gdańsk ( Dantzig ). It preserves only the Eastern Prussia under the suzerainty of the Poland.
- Weakening of the monarchical authority in Poland. The nobility acquires important privileges under the reign of Casimir IV. The Diet, a bicameral assembly gathering the representatives of large and the minor nobility, starts to take an increasing importance.
- Mulhouse enters the confederation Helvétique (1466-1798).
- Kasim (1466 - 1490) constitutes the khanat Astrakhan between the the Volga, the Don, the Kouban and the Terek (fine in 1556).
- First reign of Mengli Girey Ier, khan of Krim (the Crimea).
Art & culture
- enluminé Missal ordered by the chancellor of Provence Jean of Martins with Enguerrand Quarton.
- Léonard de Vinci between like apprentice ( garzone ) in the workshop of Andrea del Verrocchio.
Science & technology
Economy & company
Births in 1466
- August 10th: François II of Mantoue, noble Italian, marquis de Mantoue († March 29th 1519, 52 years)
- October 28th 1466 or 1469: Érasme, humanistic thinker and Theologist Dutch.
- November 30th: Andrea Doria, admiral de Gêne († November 25th 1560)
Death in 1466
March 8th: Francesco Sforza, duke of Milan.
- December 13rd: Donato di Niccolo di Betto Bardi, known as Donatello, Italian sculptor, with Florence. (° in 1386).
Be-X-old: 1466 Map-bms: 1466 Simple: 1466
|Random links:||Antiquated Chinese | Tirana | Toungouses | Bulinovac | Revolt Abushiri | Jose Antonio Canales Will rivet | Jeux_d'imagination_illimités|