This page relates to the year 1462 Calendrier Julien.
- the Portuguese Diego Alfonso reaches the islands of the Cape Verde.
- the Djaghataïde Yunus khan reign on the Basin of Tarim and on the Ili with the support of the timouride Abu Saïd (fine in 1486). It takes Kachgar, Sairam and Tachkent.
Central Europe & Balkans
- Mathias Corvin overcomes the anti-king of Hungary Frederic III. The bishop Jean Vitéz negotiates with Graz with the papal legate a draft treaty.
- Conquest of the Bosnia by the Turks.
- Mehmet II occupies Lesbos.
- Venice makes build new ramparts with Candie, in Crete.
- March 31st: The pope Black and white II, denounces compacted them Basle and pronounces the interdict on the Bohemia.
- June 4th: The Othoman troops force the the Danube with Vidin and invade the Valachie.
- June 17th: Vlad Empaleur attacks the Turkish camp by surprised in the night of the 17 to the June 18th to try to seize the sultan, but must be folded up. The Turkish army goes on Targoviste, circumvents it after having met a forest of 10 000 impaled, then advances towards the east on Bràila.
- June: Etienne III Large the of Moldavie attacks the Valachie at the same time to try to recover the place of Kilia, on the mouths of the the Danube. He gets along with the Turks but must raise the seat after being wounded by a shell (June 22nd).
- After the failure of the seat of Kilia, Mehmet II pushes back a Wallachian attack close to Buzàu, then returns to Andrinople with important spoils, of which 200 000 heads of cattle (July 11th).
- the Turks leave the devastated country but Vlad Tepes preserves the capacity. Mehmet II however leaves with Bràila its favorite Radu Beautiful the, half-brother of Vlad, which gathers the Wallachians opposed to Dracula and faces his/her brother. He obtains the support of the Saxons and the Szeklers of Transylvania in their opening the road of the Black Sea.
- September 30th: Mathias Corvin arrives then with its crusaders at Sibiu then at Brasov ( October), in Transylvania. There, it receives the visit of Vlad Empaleur, come to negotiate its marriage. It makes it arrest (November 25th) and imprison with Visegrád, in Hungary (1463 - 1474). It will justify this reversal of situation near the pope Pie II by calling upon the treason of Vlad, which would have offered its services to the sultan, and by telling the atrocities made by Empaleur.
- Beginning of the reign of Radu Beautiful the, brother of Vlad, voïévode of Valachie (fine in 1469).
Poland & Russia
- March 28th: Beginning of the reign of Ivan III the Large one, prince of Moscow (fine in 1505). It takes again the work of Dimitri Donskoï and extends the principality until in the Crimea.
- September 17th: Battle of Świecino between the Poland and the teutonic Ordre in the Guerre Thirteen Year old.
- the large princes of Moscow require their noble (boyards) oath of fidelity whose rupture involves the confiscation of the patrimonial goods.
- Beginning of the reign of Khalil, khan of Kazan (fine in 1467).
- February 12th: Beginning of the insurrection of the Catalans ( Guerra dels remences , end in 1472).
- May 9th: Treaty of Bayonne. Jean II of Aragon request the assistance of Louis XI of France but must yield the Roussillon and the Cerdagne to him (1462 - 1463).
November: Creation of the Parliament of Bordeaux.
- December 2nd: treaty of Korneubourg.
- Revolt of the Vienneses exasperated against the exactions of the not paid mercenaries of the emperor Frederic III. They reverse the mayor and the senate of the city and elect like “condottiere of the people” certain Wolfgang Holzer. Frederic III promises to them to put an end to the disorders and to conclude a peace treaty with the Austrian barons, in particular his Albert brother, archduke of Austria. He enters the city and settles in the citadel. The peace talks lasting for ever, the middle-class men of Vienna besiege the citadel, with the assistance of Albert (August 15th - December 8th). Frederic is released by the intervention of the king of Bohemia and an army corps come from Styrie and Carinthie. Revolted must sign the treaty of Korneubourg the December 2nd.
- December 20th: Acquisition of the counties of Roussillon and Cerdagne by Louis XI, which comes to Bayonne and reconciles the kings de Castille and of Aragon.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Art & culture
- Johann Fust (former associate of Johannes Gutenberg) and Peter Schoeffer prints with Mainz (Germany) the first edition dated from the Bible in Latin, the Bible of Gutenberg.
- '' the Large Will '', of François Villon.
- Guide of the thinker or not-other ( Directio speculantis seu of Li non-aliud ) of Nicolas of CUSE.
- Van der Weyden paints the Triptyque of the Kings Mages .
- Birth of Christ and Portrait of man (National Gallery, London,) who could be a self-portrait of Dierick Bouts.
Science & technology
- a caravel, the Saint-Pierre-of-The-La Rochelle, is abandoned in the port of Dantzig by its captain, making it possible the Hanséates to make knowledge with this type of ship.
Economy & company
- June 9th: Louis XI creates the royal Poste.
Production of Alum in the mines of Tolfa (Papal States). Pie II succeeds in forcing all the Christian merchants to buy Roman alum rather than Eastern alum and devotes the income of these sales to finance a crusade.
Births in 1462
June 27th: Birth of Louis II of Orleans, the future Louis XII, king de France.
- : Johannes Trithemius, German cryptographe.
Death in 1462
- October 22nd: Louis de Beauvau, Seneshal of Anjou (° October 30th 1409).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Juan of Huerta, Spanish sculptor, with Mâcon.
Be-X-old: 1462 Map-bms: 1462 Simple: 1462
|Random links:||Gy-l' Bishop | Hamdallaye | Saint-Georges (Charente) | Ernest Schaffner | Jean Ernoul | Full_Metal_Jacket|