This page relates to the year 1457 Calendrier Julien.
- FRA Mauro collects sufficient information near Venetian travellers to draw up a chart of the approximate Ethiopia.
The Middle East
- the Othoman sultan Mehmet II installs its capital with Constantinople (1457-1458). It promulgates the first code of Turkish law, the Kanun-name and throws the bases of the organization of the empire.
- the government of the Ottoman Empire is directed by the top dog, is named by the sultan and is assisted of four viziers, of which the reis ul kuttab (chief of the secretaries), the kahya bey (Interior) and the reis effendi (Foreign affairs). The Couch, kind of council of the minister, joins together four times per week the viziers, the aghas (chiefs of troops), the kapoudan pasha (Lord High Admiral), the two judges of the army, the nichandji (Minister of Justice) and the defterdar (chief of the taxes). The provinces are managed by beys or pashas charged to return justice, to maintain the order, to perceive the tax, to forward it to the central capacity and to provide the military quota.
- Etienne the Large one seizes the throne of Moldavie with the assistance of Vlad Empaleur. Pierre III Aron, overcome (April 12th), flees with Kamenec Podolski, in Podolie. Etienne launches raids against the Pokutie and Podolie to try to capture it.
- Etienne resists heroically but without success the Turks. He refuses to pay the tribute.
- In spring, Vlad Empaleur, which took party for the clan Hunyadi in the civil war which opposes them to king de Hongrie, sets fire to Sibiu, in Transylvania and takes again its stronghold of the Almas. Then it goes on Brasov where an applicant with the Wallachian throne took refuge, daN.
- September 7th: Victoire of Georges Castriota, known as Scanderberg, on the Turks with Tomarnitza.
- February 1st, Vlad Tepes confirms their commercial privileges with the middle-class men of Brasov and obtains the reciprocal one for the Wallachian merchants.
- Civil war enters the Hunyadi supported by noble Rumanian of Transylvania and the Banat and the tycoons in favor of the king Ladislav Posthumous the, combined with the Saxons and the Szeklers. After the death of Ladislas the November 20th, a truce is signed for two months with Sighisoara (November 23rd - February 2nd 1558).
the island of Samothrace is conquered by the Turks.
- October 31st: Pasqual Malipiero becomes Doge de Venise.
- November 23rd: Frederic III inherits the Low-Austria and its brother Albert VI of the High-Austria with died of Ladislav, last representing Albertine branch of the Habsbourg.
- Christian Ier of Denmark is elected king of Sweden (fine in 1471). The Union of Kalmar is formally restored. Karl Knutsson, overcome, takes refuge with Dantzig.
Art & culture
September 21st: Foundation of the university Albert-Ludwigs of Freiburg-in-Brisgau by the archduke Albert VI of Austria
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- the Othoman sultan recognizes the legal existence of the orthodoxe Église in accordance with the Islamic law, and imposes the oecumenical patriarchate of Constantinople like “the first and the principal spiritual and administrative center” of all the orthodoxe Christians of the Empire. N the other hand, the Church recognizes the Othoman political power and agrees to be integrated into it, recognizing the political sovereignty of the Islam.
Economy & company
- Launching of the Cruzado to the Portugal.
Births in 1457
- February 13rd: Marie of Burgundy, single heiress of Charles Bold the
- January 28th: Henri VII of England
- December 19th: Marie of Orleans, girl of Charles of Orleans and Marie de Clèves
Death in 1457
- : Laurentius Valla, in Rome, humanistic Italian (born in 1405), translator of works of old and author of many works in Latin. He is the first to want to grant the ancient thought and Christian morals. He gives an opinion against the aristotelism of the thinkers of the Moyen-âge and against the temporal power of the pope.
- November 23rd: Ladislav Posthumous the with Prague.
Be-X-old: 1457 Map-bms: 1457 Simple: 1457
|Random links:||19 de junio | Amblie | Jean Bouilhou | Latimer | Synaphobranchidae | Steeve Harris | Autoroute|