This page relates to the year 1451 Calendrier Julien.
April 19th: Beginning of the reign of Bahlul Lodi, first king Pathan of Delhi (fine in 1489). Afghan governor of the Panjab, it détrône the sultan of Delhi `Alam Shah Sayyud and founds the Dynastie of Lodi (fine in 1526). He reigns during nearly forty years and succeeds in conquering most of India of North.
The close East
- February 13rd: Beginning of the second Othoman sultanate of Mehmed II Al Fatih (fine in 1481). It follows a policy warmonger.
- September 10th: Treaty between Venice and the Ottoman Empire.
- October 10th: The pope Nicolas V insists near the Byzantine emperor on the need for carrying out indeed the union of the Churches proclaimed with Florence.
- October 14th: The baron Ulrich Eyzinger constitutes the Ligue of Mailberg (Jean Hunyadi, Georges de Podiebrady, High-Austria, Moravie, Low-Austria) and requires Frederic III of Habsbourg that it delivers the young person Ladislav to him Posthumous the.
- October 15th: Bogdan II of Moldavie is decapitated by the partisans of Pierre Aron, claiming with the throne supported by the Poles. Its widow and her children, accompanied by the future Vlad Empaleur, take refuge in Transylvania. Bogdan II is the fifth Moldavian prince assassinated in fifteen years. Pierre Aron becomes prince of Moldavie until in 1452.
- November 20th: Three years truce between the Hungary and the Ottoman Empire which prepare the head office of Constantinople.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
the Mongolian quotas of Vassili II of Moscow help it to push back the attacks of the hordes of Kazan, Saraï and the Dniepr against the Moscovie. The khan Ahmed of the Horde of Gold makes vain attempts against Moscow, which refuses to pay tribute, in 1451, 1455 and 1461.
- the canton of Saint-Gall is combined with the confederation Helvétique.
- Bubble of the pope Nicolas V allowing to examine the life of the Conversos.
- the synod of Bamberg, on the instigation of the papal legate Nicolas of CUSE, imposes on the Juifs the humiliating wearing of distinctive signs and prohibits to them the money trade.
- Constantinople confirms Jonas like métropolite of Moscow.
- June 12th: Signature of the treaty of capitulation of Bordeaux concluded between the representatives from the King de France and those of the king d' Angleterre.
- June 20th: Charles VII ratifies the treaty of capitulation of Bordeaux.
- July 31st: After having heard the Large Council, the king Charles VII, with the castle of Taillebourg close to Saint-Jean-with Angély (Charente-Maritime), decides to charge to Jacques Cœur, suspected of having to have poisoned Agnès Sorel, the crime of lese-majesty, which has as a consequence the immediate arrest of the Minister of Finance, compels to hold closed prison, and involves the setting under sequestration of its goods.
- August 20th: The troops Frenchwoman take Bayonne.
Arts & cultures
- “Birth” of the English ballade Robin Hood and the monk .
- Foundation of the University of Glasgow.
- Arrived at Venice of Greek intellectuals like Georges de Trébizonde, Démétrius Chalcondylas, Jean Lascaris.
Sciences & technology
- Nicolas de Cues invents the concave lens to treat certain defects in the vision.
- England: Funcken develops a chemical process using the mercury to separate the money from the Cuivre (the siver-bearing ore of Plomb was up to that point the only employee).
- Impression of the first European book with mobile characters: Latin grammar of Donatus by Gutenberg
Births in 1451
Death in 1451
February 3rd: Murat II of an attack of Apoplexy.
Be-X-old: 1451 Map-bms: 1451 Simple: 1451
|Random links:||Recopa Sudamericana | Marnas | Daniel Thomas | Alexeï Guerman | Stampeders of Calgary | Corsaire_de_F4U|