This page relates to the year 1446 Calendrier Julien.
- the Portuguese discover the Guinea-Bissau. Alvaro Fernandez reaches the course Rouge.
- the forwarding of Portuguese Nuno Tristao is attacked by the flotillas of Sénégambie. The African dugouts, very fast, are likely to carry until a hundred warriors. Europeans are vulnerable on the rivers, which will delay the progression of colonization towards the interior of Africa.
The Middle East
Central Europe & Balkans
- June: Jean Hunyadi (1407 - 1456) becomes governor of Hungary (fine in 1452).
- the election by the diet of Jean Hunyadi, member of a family of origin Rumanian, anoblie and possessionnée in the area of Hunedoara (Transylvania) as regent of the kingdom is the revenge of the hostile Hungarian minor nobility by principle with a sovereign of foreign origin.
Winter 1446 - 1447: The sultan Murat II, returned with the businesses, invades the Morée.
- Mahumudek succeeds Ulu Muhammad like khan of the Horde of Gold (fine in 1464). It beats and made captive the Large Prince of Moscow Vassili II and seizes Kazan where it détrône Ali Beg. Vassili II is released against ransom.
- the Muscovites revolt against the equipment made to the Mongolian princes . Dimitri Chemyaka benefits from it to seize Vassili II and to plug it.
- June 26th: Arrest of Gilles of Brittany, brother of the duke François Ier of Brittany by the " party français" with the Castle of Guildo.
- open Rupture enters the dolphin Louis and Charles VII. The future Louis XI leaves the court for the Dauphiné.
- a royal decree creates the body of the franc-archers (each group of fifty fires will have to provide one of them). Another ordinance restores designation by the king of the members of the Parliament.
- Charles VII obtains the assent of the General states to the lifting of a permanent annual tax, the size (fine in 1461).
- the Concile of Basle makes burn the German Nicolas de Buldersdorff who, being declared sons of God, announced the end of the era of the New Testament and the beginning of the seventh age of the world.
- the pope Eugene IV constitutes the order of the Franciscain S in two autonomous congregations, observing them and conventual, the both submitted to the general of the order.
Art & culture
- July 25th: Beginning of the construction of the vault of King' S College in Cambridge in England (fine in 1515).
- October 9th, Korea: The king Sejong invents an at the same time alphabetical and syllabic written form (Hangeul).
- Hebraic Printing works with Avignon of the goldsmith pragois Procope Waldvogel and of the “Jew of the pope” Davin de Caderousse.
- Construction of the Rucellai palate (fine in 1451) under the directives of Leon Battista Alberti. It becomes the model of the residence seigneuriale florentine.
- Alberti is called with Rimini by Sigismond Malatesta in order to transform the church of Saint-François.
- Donatello works with the furnace bridge of the basilica of Saint-Anthony of Padoue (group of the Vierge and the Child , relief of the Miracle of saint Antoine ).
- Petrus Christus paints its Portrait of monk Carthusian monk .
Economy & company
Don Pedro promulgates the Portuguese code of Alfons.
- the municipality of Dijon requires the import ban of foreign wine (the Rhone and Languedoc) in Burgundy.
Births in 1446
Death in 1446
Be-X-old: 1446 Map-bms: 1446 Simple: 1446
|Random links:||Nílton Santos | D-Day, their longest day | Gruis beta | Poplar of Italy | Northern district (Brussels) | Finlandization|