This page relates to the year 1440 Calendrier Julien.
- Japan: Revolt country with the Yamashiro (area of Kyôto).
With died of the khan of the Oïrat Toghon, his/her son Yésen succeeds to him and becomes Prime Minister for the Mongolian emperor Daïsoun. It is satisfied with the title of taïdji , but is like his father the Master of all the Mongolia. Its empire extends until the Baïkal and to the great wall (fine in 1455).
- Mayapan, the Maya capital is destroyed with the Mexico.
- a Aqueduc is built Chapultec source until Tenochtitlan to feed the city out of water.
- Beginning of the reign of the Aztec emperor Montézuma Ier. > (1469). It engages in wars of conquest.
- the INCA Pachacutec and its son Tupac Yupanqui subject powerful civilization Chimú.
- Beginning of the construction of Machu Picchu.
- Creation of the kingdom of Monomotapa to the Zimbabwe:
- About 1440, a Rozoui named Moutota, originating in the center of Zimbabwe, extends its authority towards north and establishes its capital with Zimbabwe Moutota, between Zumbo and Hararé (ex-Salisbury). Moutota and its Nyatsimba son, who takes the name of Moutapa (Matope, died towards 1480), found a powerful black empire, the Monomotapa (of Mouene-Moutapa : lord of the devastated grounds or lords of the mines). To died from his/her father, Moutapa extends his territory on current Zimbabwe and part of the Mozambique.
Beginning of the reign of Slimane Damas, sonni of the Songhaï (death in 1464).
- Under its reign, Songhaï carry out a victorious forwarding against the Kissou, in the south of Tombouctou. They devastate the kingdom. The future Ali Ber (Ali the Large one) takes part in these engagements and becomes a frightening warrior.
- Beginning of the reign of Oba Ewuare, (oba) king of Benign the (fine in 1473).
- 40 million inhabitants in Europe. France counts 10 million inhabitants (or less?).
- February 2nd: Frederic III of Habsbourg, is elected King of the Romans. He will be crowned Germanic Roman Emperor with Rome in 1452 (fine of its reign in 1493). Starting from the election of Frederic III, the emperor will be from now on always selected in the family of the Habsbourg (fine in 1806).
- With the advent of Frederic III, 350 distinct territories depend on the empire, “ an extraordinary being composed of parts which are not a whole, without capital, without legislation, nor common administration ”.
- February 21st: The cities of the Eastern Prussia form the Prussian Confédération.
- February 22nd: Beginning of the reign of Ladislas V Posthumous the (Ladislas de Habsbourg, 1440-1457), duke of Austria, king of Hungary and Bohemia (fine in 1457).
- Elisabeth of Luxembourg and its new-born son Ladislav receives supports it Jan Jiskra, which holds between its hands High Hungary and part of the Czech and Moravian countries. The king and his mother place under the protection of the emperor Frederic III at Vienna.
- the king of Poland, a 16 years old Jagellon, Ladislas, is elected by the nobility on the throne of Hungary (January 1440). The country has two kings until 1444. The election of Ladislas III Jagellon with the crown of Hungary contributes to make Cracow the geographical center of an immense catholic State which has the role to suppress the germanism and to stop progress of Othoman Islam.
- April 9th: Christophe of Bavaria becomes king de Danemark with Viborg.
- June 29th: Victoire of Cosme de Médicis on Milan with the Battle of Anghiari.
- July 23rd: The count Amédée VIII of Savoy, elected Pope with Basle in 1439, is established. He abdicates in favor of Ludovic of Savoy (fine in 1465).
- September 20th: Frederic II of Hohenzollern becomes margrave de Brandebourg (fine in 1470).
- October 4th: Beginning of the reign of Christophe III of Denmark in Sweden (fine in 1448. To reach the throne, it is committed restoring the island of Gotland in Sweden, where Eric de Poméranie continues to reside.
- Jean Hunyadi (1407 - 1456) overcomes the Turks with Belgrade.
- the sultan of Egypt takes Kastellórizo with the Chevaliers of Rhodos.
- Demolished naval Egyptian woman of Kos in front of the fleet of the Knights of Rhodos.
- Lorenzo Valla affirms the unauthenticity of the Donation of Constantin to the Church of Rome.
- February: The Praguerie which begins is a revolt of the lords (Jean II of Alençon, Georges of Trémoille, Louis de Bourbon, Dunois, the dolphin Louis) against the military reforms, supported by the chiefs of the bands of flayers.
- Mars: By a fast walk in Poitou, Auvergne and Bourbonnais, the troops of Charles VII make fall the principal ramparts from the rebels, who hasten to make amend with the Traité of Cusset ( July). Exile of Louis, then 17 years old, in Dauphine.
- May 19th: Marriage of Charles Bold the and Catherine of France.
- July 24th: Treaty of Cusset. End of the Praguerie.
- October 26th: Gilles de Rais, companion of Jeanne d' Arc, Marshal of France, is carried out with Nantes like wizard continuations with the judgment of the courses ducal (of Brittany) and episcopal (of Nantes) for inter alia murder and tortures of child, heresy, etc
- November 5th: Charles of Orleans, released, leaves England.
- Taken Meaux by Arthur de Richemont.
Science & technology
- Of the poetic tournaments is organized with Blois.
- Publication of Of learned ignorance ( Of docta ignorantia ) of Nicolas of CUSE, which calls into question logic aristotelician.
- Construction of the temple Jaïna of Ranakpur, with the Râjasthân.
- Construction of the vault of Pazzi with Florence by the architect Filippo Brunelleschi.
- the wing of Charles of Orleans to the Château of Blois is started. > 1445.
- the sculptor Luca Della Robbia invents a terra cotta novel method glazed with decoration of white figurines on blue bottom, occasionally polychrome, which gains an immense success (v. 1440). It composes the medallions of the apostles of the vault of Pazzi, with Florence, as well as the glasses of the Rise and Resurrection to the gates of old and the new sacristy of the dome of Florence.
- With Florence, Donatello bottom bronze David .
- FRA Angelico finishes the crowning of the Virgin begun in 1430 and begins the Annonciation (fine in 1445).
- Gate vault of Canto dei Carnesecchi , fresco of Domenico Veneziano.
- the Scourging of Christ (1440 - 1450) table of Piero Della Francesca.
- restored Rome , table of Biondo (fine in 1446).
- Enguerrand Quarton paints in Aix-en-Provence in collaboration with Barthélemy d' Eyck a book of Hours preserved at New York.
- Madonna of Nicolas Van der Maelbecke of Jan Van Eyck (fine in 1441).
- Triptych of the Crucifixion of Rogier Van der Weyden (v. 1440).
- the Virgin of humility adored by a prince of the House of Este , Iacopo Bellini.
- Music: The use of the “Contrapposto” is spread.
Births in 1440
- Alain d' Albret
November 26th: Charles of Orleans wife Marie de Clèves
Death in 1440
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Be-X-old: 1440 Map-bms: 1440 Simple: 1440
|Random links:||Guyana | Paul Quilès | San Pedro Sula | Pierre II of Brittany | Battle of Vinchy | Syndrome of Tietze | Fermier_Giles_de_jambon|