This page relates to the year 1439 Calendrier Julien.
Of the Ethiopian monks of Jerusalem takes part in the council of Florence in order to carry out the union of the Christians against Islam (1439-1441).
The close East
- Beginning of the reign of Djihan Shah, sultan of the Kara Koyunlu (fine in 1467). Kara Koyunlu reign on the Iraq, Sultaniye, Qazvin, Rey, Ispahan, Fars, Kirman.
- January 24th: The pope Eugene IV and the Joseph patriarch of Constantinople meet with Ferrare.
- June 1st: The emperor of Byzance Jean VIII Paleologist, accompanied by 700 prelates, come with Florence to carry out the union of the Greek and Roman Churches, obtains from the pope a promise of military aid having to be provided by the powers of the Occident against the Turkish threat on Byzance.
- June 23rd: Eric de Poméranie is deposited by its Danish subjects.
- June 24th: Sigismond de Habsbourg becomes duke of the Tyrol (fine in 1490).
- June 25th: The Concile of Basle declares heretic Eugene IV and deposits it.
- June 28th: With Florence, Jean VIII Paleologist recognizes the pope for spiritual leader of all the Christians.
- July 6th: The Churches of Rome and Byzance are temporarily joined together.
- the métropolite of Moscow, Isidore, adheres to the union Churches in the name of the Russian Church. Vassili III, prince of Moscow refuses the union and releases the Russian Church of the supervision of the Byzantines.
- the mass of the Byzantine people is against the union of the Churches and its proclamation with Constantinople must be given until the December 12th 1452.
- September 24th: Eric de Poméranie is deposited throne of Sweden.
- Eric de Poméranie is deposited by its Danish subjects and Swedish after a reign where it had multiplied the errors and cruelties. There remains king in Norway until in 1442. The duke Christophe of Bavaria is named regent to take care of the application of the Union of Kalmar. He chooses Copenhagen like capital. To be made accept as king of Denmark, it must make important concessions with the great landowners, whereas the country revolt thunders a little everywhere.
- November 5th: Amédée of Savoy east elected pope by the schismatics of Basle under the name of Felix V (fine in 1449).
- December 18th: Zbigniew Oleśnicki, bishop of Cracow, is created cardinal, becoming the first cardinal Polish.
- December: Supervision of Dom Pedro, uncle of Alphonse V on the Portugal (fine in 1449).
Georges de Podiebrady becomes gubernator of Bohemia.
- Murat II takes Semendria (Smederevo), last city of the despotat of Serbia.
- Terrible winter in France, which sees the the Seine freezing and the wolves to enter Paris in the search of food.
February 2nd: Jacques Cœur becomes Minister of Finance of the kingdom of France.
- May: The dolphin Louis is named general Lieutenant in Languedoc.
- May 17th: At the time of the visit with Albi of the dolphin, the future Louis XI, the lord de Gasc, lord of Labastide-Vassals, presented its complaints to him and tried to obtain subsidies to rebuild its castle demolished in 1430, but in vain, because the dolphin had other concerns.
- November 2nd, France: the General states, joined together since October, with Orleans, decide the maintenance with a standing army to be able definitively to pare the English out of France. This decision starts a revolt of the noble ones: the Praguerie (1440). To finance the effort of war the General states institute a new tax, which will be taken in each family of the kingdom: the “size”. The delegates grant to Charles VII the permission to record the size every year. This new annual tax will be abolished only with the Révolution.
Arts & cultures
- the Cathédrale of Strasbourg is completed.
- the lords Saint-Clearly of Rosslyn obtain Jacques II of Scotland the hereditary title of large Master of the Scottish maconnic cabins.
- Creation of pulpits at the university of Bologna for the teaching of rhetoric (1439), the Eastern languages (1464), of mathematics (1545) and of the Greek (1455).
- Retable for San Marco of FRA Angelico, one of the first representations of the topic of the crowned Conversation .
- Piero Della Francesca and Domenico Veneziano works with the realization of frescos, now disappeared, describing the Vie of the Virgin for the chorus of San Egidio to Florence (fine in 1445).
- Madonna with the fountain and Marguerite Van Eyck , wife of the artist, portraits of Jan Van Eyck.
Sciences & technology
Economy & company
- According to Gemiste Pléthon, most of the population of the Peloponnese saw work of the ground.
- Florence obtains a commercial privilege of Byzance.
Births in 1439
Death in 1439
- Astruc de Sestier, Jewish doctor of Aix-en-Provence, revealed like the best bibliophile of his time: 179 works are inventoried in its succession (the Talmud, of the talmudic gloses, the Bible S, of the works of liturgy, the treaties of Rashi, the books of Médecine, Philosophie, mathematical, Astronomie, the comments of Aristote, Averroès, Avicenne, Maïmonide translates by the Tibbon, the essence of the controversy of Rambam and other books “Spanish”: the Questions and answers of Solomon Ben Adret, Isaac Ben Chechet, the Khusari of Jeuda ha-Levi, a treaty of Shem Tov Falaquera of Tudela “ on the various degrees of the intellectual perfection ”, etc).
Be-X-old: 1439 Map-bms: 1439 Nds-nl: 1439
|Random links:||Sonderbund | Louis-El Salvador of Habsbourg-Lorraine | Jacob-Bellecombette | Karakuri kiden Hiwou senki | Trikitixa | Liste_d'espèces_d'eau_douce_de_poissons_d'aquarium|