This page relates to the year 1429 Calendrier Julien. This year, the French Historiographie gives the good share to a Pucelle coming to see the dolphin.
- the king of Ethiopia Yéshaq, which continues the fight against the Moslems, is killed before to have been able to release its territory completely. Its immediate successors do not have scale and are victims of several conspiracies: Endreyas reign eight month, Hezaba-Nagn, three years, Mehreka-Nagn and Badel-Nagn, one year.
- the Shogun Yoshinori Ashikaga control surface with the Japan (fine in 1441).
- the Ashikaga lose the control of the Eastern area of Kanto.
- the Djaghataïde Zsen Buga II reign on the Basin of Tarim and on the Ili (fine in 1462).
- Abu-l-Khayr founds the dynasty Turco-Mongolian E of the Chaybanides in Ouzbékistan. It reigns of 1429 with 1468.
- January: End of the War of hottée of apples.
- January 10th: Philippe the Good creates the Ordre of the Golden Fleece.
- February 12th: In the Battle of Rouvray, known as “Day of the Herrings”, many defenders of the town of Orleans die in a forwarding to seize a convoy of supply - Hareng S - intended for the English. Orleans ceases receiving helps.
- March 6th: Jeanne d' Arc and Charles VII has an interview with Chinon, Indre-et-Loire, France. Jeanne passes before a commission of theologists to Poitiers. The examination having been favorable, Jeanne takes the head of the army and walk on Orleans (April 15th).
- May 8th: Jeanne d' Arc obliges the English of Suffolk to raising the Siège of Orleans.
- June: The French Army takes Jargeau (June 12th) then Meung and Beaugency (June 17th). Jeanne is victorious with Patay the June 18th where Talbot is made prisoner by Xaintrailles. The bordering countries of the the Loire are released.
- June 29th: Charles VII share for Rheims.
- July 9th, Head office of Troyes. Jeanne d' Arc makes open the doors of Troyes to Charles VII, which it will make crown with Rheims.
- July 17th: The English evacuate Troyes.
- July 17th: Charles VII is crowned with Rheims, which gives again the moral one with the French.
- August 26th: Jeanne arrives at Saint-Denis.
- August 28th: Charles VII signs with Compiegne a truce four months with the duke of Burgundy.
- September 8th: Jeanne is wounded in front of the Saint-Honore door with Paris. Charles prohibits to him to renew the attack of Paris (September 9th) and made retirement towards the Loire (September 13rd). Jeanne knows a failure with the Charity-on-Loire against Perrinet Gressart.
- provincial Council of Tortosa in Spain on the question of the Conversos.
- Cosme de Médicis, known as the Old one, founder of the elder branch, becomes gonfalonier of justice to Florence.
- Amédée VIII of Savoy adds the Piedmont to the States of Savoy.
- In Bohemia, Procope Holy tries to negotiate a compromise with the crusaders.
- Sigismond sign a three years truce with the Turks.
Art & culture
- Foundation of the School of humanistic the Guarino da Verona with Ferrare (fine in 1460).
- Nicolas de Cues written Memory on the reform of the Empire .
- Dictié in the honor of the Virgin , written with the glory of Jeanne d' Arc, Christine de Pisan.
- With Florence Italy, activity of the workshop of Luca della Robbia (sculptor and ceramist).
Economy & company
- Eric de Poméranie decides the introduction of a right of toll for any ship penetrating into the Öresund (Öresundstold).
Births in 1429
Gentile Bellini, Italian painter.
Death in 1429
- John Suart de Darnley, Constable of Scotland, at the time of the “Day of the Herrings”.
- Jean II of Rochechouart, Viscount of Rochechouart, lord of Tonnay-Charente, chamberlain of Charles VI, Seneshal of the Poitou, killed with the “Day of the Herrings”, battles lost in front of the English during the Siège of Orleans.
- February 20th: Jean de Médicis (1360-1429)
- July 12th: Jean Charlier, known as Jean de Gerson, with Lyon (born in 1363), ecclesiastic and theologist French, who tried to solve the Great Schism with the Concile of Constancy.
Be-X-old: 1429 Map-bms: 1429 Nds-nl: 1429
|Random links:||L.A. Woman | Joseph de Finance of Clairbois | MAC 24/29 | Willem de Fesch | Offa de Mercie | Consonne_fricative|