This page relates to the year 1418 Calendrier Julien.
- Advent of Sejong Large the, king of the dynasty Korea Chosŏn.
- Beginning of the revolt of the Law against the Chinese domination with the Vietnam.
- January: Michel Ier (Mihail) becomes voïévode of Valachie (fine in 1420).
- April 10th: Jacqueline of Bavaria, heiress of the Hainaut, the Holland, the Plank and the Zealand (1417) wife Jean IV of the Brabant.
- April 22nd: Closing of the Council of Constancy.
- December 11th: The Piedmont is definitively incorporated in the States of Savoy.
- the Portuguese prince Henri the Navigator, wire junior by the king Jean Ier of Portugal, lance first voyages of Portuguese exploration. It decides to discover and of évangéliser the black populations of the the Sahara. Installed with Sagres, it engages several navigators charged to explore the Western littoral of the Africa. The nobility opposes this policy, which is supported by the middle-class.
- Taken again in hand by the Holy See of the pontifical grounds, the town of Rome and the administration. Martin V reinforces the goods and the capacities of the Colonna and their allies and since 1418, it controls Rome and its area, moreover thanks to the military alliance of Jeanne II of Naples. In the North, where the pope does not profit from any support, it is satisfied to require the formal recognition of its authority and the more regular payment of the direction.
- anarchy, poverty and violence reign in Rome and the Papal States. Rome, ruined, counts only 17 000 inhabitants. Many cities passed to the hands of captains or mercenaries. The Latium is disputed by the large feudal ones (Farnèse, Salviati, Vipereschi, counts d' Anguillara). The monasteries have wide territories (Subiaco or Farfà). Roman oligarchy is made up landowners, agricultural craftsmen, tradesmen and of tradesman ( bovattieri ). In Romagna, in Ombrie, in the Walk of Ancône or with Bologna, the movement seigneurial developed.
- May 29th: Catch of Paris by Jean without Fear, duke of Burgundy.
- In the night of the 28 to the May 29th, certain Perrinet Light, wire of an iron merchant, opens with Jean de Villiers of Isle-Adam, Burgundian captain, the door Saint-Germain-of-Meadows.
- June 1st: The dolphin Charles takes refuge with Bourges Massacre of two thousand Armagnacs.
- the June 12th, the butchers force the doors of the prisons and cut the throat of all the held Armagnacs, of which Bernard VII of Armagnac.
- June 24th: The dolphin, of its own authority, takes the title of regent of the kingdom. It establishes by letters patent the Parliament with Poitiers.
- June 29th: The English start the seat of Rouen which will be completed the January 19th 1419.
- July 14th: Isabeau of Bavaria and Jean without Peur enter to Paris.
- July 25th: Meeting of the Parliament of Paris.
- : The Dolphin tries to take again Paris.
- August 21st with the August 30th: New massacres of Armagnacs in the prisons of Paris.
- August 22nd: Cherbourg goes to the English.
- September 16th: Treaty of Saint-Maur.
- September 21st: Creation of a " Parliament of Poitiers" by the ordinance of Niort.
- Construction of the mosque of the city-palate of Ahmedabad in Hindoustan.
- Plans of the Barbadori vault in Santa Felicita establish by the architect Filippo Brunelleschi.
- Execution of the first illustration in Engraving on wood in Europe.
- the port of Sagres, with the Portugal, becomes the meeting place of the travellers and the well-read men. The novel methods of navigation are diffused there.
- the Council of Constancy mark a failure for an attempt at reform by scientists, ecclesiastics and princes.
- the German mystic Thomas A. Kempis written the Imitation of Jesus-Christ .
- Concordat enters the England and the the Holy See.
Births in 1418
Death in 1418
- May 29th: Henri de Marle (- 1418)
- June 12th: Bernard VII of Armagnac, count d' Armagnac, count de Charolais and Constable of France.
- September 14th: Simon of Bosc, religious French, abbot of Jumièges.
- December 11th: Louis of Piedmont
- Bogusław VIII of Poméranie, duke of Słupsk.
- Al-Qalqashandi, Egyptian historian, compiler author of Subh Al-HAVe' sha , rich repertory intended for the members of the administration.
Be-X-old: 1418 Map-bms: 1418 Nds-nl: 1418 Simple: 1418
|Random links:||Tiago Henrique Damil Gums | Quarantièmes howling | The people cham | Alexander Prent | Joint_de_fourrure|