This page relates to the year 1416 Calendrier Julien.
- Foundation of the Monastery Dge-lugs-Pa of `Arm-spungs close to Lhassa.
- Revolt with the Dai Vietnamese soldier against the Ming.
- January 27th: The République of Raguse is the first State d' Europe to prohibit the commece Esclaves.
- February 19th: Amédée VIII, (1383 - 1451) becomes Duc of Savoy (fine in 1440). The county of Savoy is set up in duchy thanks to the support of its suzerain, the Sigismond emperor. The court of Savoy, with Chambéry, is then one of most prestigious of Europe.
- April 2nd: Beginning of the reign of Alphonse V Magnanime (1396 - 1458), king of Aragon and Sicily.
- May 30th: Jerome of Prague, disciple of Jan Hus, is burned like heretic.
- July 12th: The mercenary Braccio da Montone makes sure control of Perugia, Assise and Iesi (fine in 1427).
- August 15th: Alliance enters the England and Sigismond Ier of the Holy roman Empire.
- Solicited like mediator, the emperor Sigismond goes to Paris (March 1st), then with London (May 7th). He concludes an alliance with Henri V from England and commits himself helping it to recover “his kingdom of France” (August 15th).
- September: The people of Naples release the queen Jeanne II of Naples of semi-enfermement in which held her husband Giacomo Della Marca. The queen is very popular, but the period is a ceaseless succession of fights between rival factions, of which defenders of Louis II of Anjou and those of Alphonse V of Aragon.
- October: Jean without Peur recognizes Henri V as king de France.
- Filippo Maria Visconti, helped of the condottieres Carmagnola and Francesco Sforza reconquers most of the Lombardy (1416 - 1421).
- the Venetian ones reject the Turks out of Gallipoli.
- Plague in Greece.
- February: Large ordinance concerning the police force of the ports and the markets of Paris.
- February 12th: Bernard of Armagnac is named general captain of the kingdom and governor of royal finances.
- June 15th: Died of Jean de Berry: its prerogative returns to the Crown.
- August 15th: Battle of Chief-of-Caux. New defeat of the French ships in the estuary of the the Seine.
- October: The duke of Burgundy Jean without Peur recognizes Henri V like future king of France.
Art & culture
- Lorenzo Ghiberti carries out three statues of saints out of bronze (1416-1424) for the church of Orsanmichele.
- Holy George , work of the sculptor Donatello carried out with Florence.
- Fire of the basilica Saint-Marc and the Palate of the Doges to Venice.
- the emperor of China Yongle makes compile the texts néoconfucéens which become the base of official teaching.
Economy & company
Births in 1416
Death in 1416
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- pol., Jean and Hermann of Limbourg, Dutch illuminators
Be-X-old: 1416 Map-bms: 1416 Nds-nl: 1416 Simple: 1416
|Random links:||Tekken Advance | Saint-Victor-of-Chrétienville | Li Torus | Venasca | Philippe Ginestet | Fleetwood_Mac|