This page relates to the year 1409 Calendrier Julien.
- In China, transfer of the capital to Beijing, equipped by Yongle “eternal Joy”, of rich person monuments, of which the prohibited Quoted . Forwarding of the general Qiu Fu against the Mongolian .
Mahmoud, chief of the Oïrats, in competition with Esseku, the son of Ugetchi, for the capacity, fact alliance with the Ming against the Mongolian Eastern. After their victory, the Mongolia is divided into two parts, an Eastern khanat and a Western khanat.
- Oïrats, mentioned for the first time in 1204 at the time of their alliance with the Naïman against Gengis Khan, could safeguarded their autonomy. Originating in Western Mongolia and the higher course of the Ienisseï, they are descended in the steppes from Western Mongolia in the West from the Altaï, at the end of the 13th century. Mongketemur, the lord oïrat more drawing end of the 14th century, has three wire, Mahmoud, have-p You' ing and Batou-Bolod. Blocked by the Eastern Mongols in their exchanges with the China, the khans oïrats try to seize the title of large khan and to dominate the central area.
Foundation of the monastery Dge-lugs-Pa of Dga' ldan close to Lhassa.
The Middle East
- Shah Rukh, wire of Tamerlan, establishes its capital with Herat from where it controls with understanding the Khorasan, the Mazandaran and the Fars. His/her son Ulugh Beg control surface the Transoxiane.
- January 1st: The insurgent Welshman Owen Glendower is overcome by the king Henri IV of England.
- January 18th: Decree of Kuttengerg. To the University of Prague, the king of the Wenceslas Romans gives the step to the Czechs on the Germans. The university becomes the center of the national life in Bohemia. Dissatisfied, the Germans leave Prague for Leipzig where they found a news university.
- March 9th: Peace of Chartres between Armagnacs and Bourguignons.
- March 25th - August 7th: Council of Pisa, convened without successes on the initiative them cardinal to put a term at the Great Schism of Occident, and which is concluded by the deposition from the two popes (June 5th) and the election from a third pope (June 26th).
- June 26th: beginning of the Pontificate of the Antipape Alexandre V (fine in 1410).
- June 30th: Battle of Sanluri: end of the Judicat d' Arborée.
- July 25th: Beginning of the reign of Martin Human the or the Old man, king of Sicily (fine in 1410).
- August 14th: The large-Master of the Ordre Teutonique Ulrich von Jungingen declares the war with the Poland.
See also: War of the kingdom of Poland-Lithuania against the Order Teutonique
- December 20th: the pope mande the archbishop of Prague in Rome and asks him to stop by all the means the heresy in Bohemia.
- Louis II of Anjou tries to reconquer Naples on Ladislas Ier of Naples.
- Ladislas Ier of Naples sells the Dalmatie with Venice for 100.000 guilders.
- Venice takes again Zara and advances in Dalmatie until in 1420.
Ennoblement of the cneaz (chief) Voïcu (Vajk) by Sigismond of Luxembourg, which gives him the fortress of Hunyadi (Hunedoara) and twenty-five villages neighborhood. This noble Wallachian is at the origin of the big family of Hunyadi of Transylvania.
Art & culture
- the Czech religious reformer Jan Hus gives conferences to the Université of Prague.
Science & technology
Births in 1409
- January 16th: Rene Ier of Naples.
- August 31st: Robin de Molhet, lord of Peyrepertuse.
- October 30th: Louis de Beauvau, Seneshal of Anjou († October 22nd 1462).
Death in 1409
Be-X-old: 1409 Map-bms: 1409 Nds-nl: 1409 Simple: 1409
|Random links:||Hsinchu | Julius Brefeld Oscar | Denis the mischievousness (televised series) | Aromatized The | Wilaya d' Oum-El-Bouaghi | Frisians|