This page relates to the year 1401 Calendrier Julien.
- the Japan starts to officially communicate with the China Ming.
- Decline of the Shoguns Ashikaga in Japan.
- In India, Mallu Ikbal, exiled to Baran, returns to bloodless Delhi, devastated by the Famine and the Peste, points out the sultan and controls in his place.
Independence of the Moslem state of the Mâlwa.
The Middle East
- the English Parlement grants to the Church the right to burn the heretics ( Of haeretico comburendo ). It benefits from it immediately to send to roughing-hew the Lollard William Sawtrey, priest with Saint Syth' S of London (February 26th).
- April 22nd: The German pirate Klaus Störtebeker is overcome by the fleet of Hamburg carried out by Simon of Utrecht towards Helgoland.
- May 10th: Royal amnesty granted to the Welsh rebels.
- October 30th: Amédée VIII of Savoy wife Marie of Burgundy
- the queen of France Isabeau of Bavaria settles with the Barbette hotel. A coalition is formed against the duke Louis of Orleans between the Isabeau queen and the dukes of Berry and Burgundy.
Majority of Eric de Poméranie. The queen Margrethe continues to make all the important decisions, assisted of her chancellor Peter Jensen Lodehat, bishop of Roskilde. She maintains the Union of Kalmar, being made accept of all and adopting a careful and evasive attitude with respect to the notable ones. She must face great external difficulties (attacks of Mecklembourg eois, threats on the Slesvig).
- the policy of favor granted by Sigismond of Hungary to the family of the Cillei (Celje) causes the jealousy of other families. The king is thrown in prison by the rebellious barons who seize the capacity. Kanizsai takes the title of chancellor of the crown. The king is then released.
Art & culture
- the philosopher Ibn Khaldoun meets Tamerlan which treats it as a famous guest. Ibn Khaldoun spends several weeks in its company then turns over to the Cairo.
- Jan Hus is elected senior of the faculty of arts of the university of Prague.
Births in 1401
- Nicolas de Cues ( of Kues ), theologist, scientist and Philosopher
- July 23rd: Francesco Sforza, condottiere , then duke of Milan
- October 27th: Catherine de Valois, girl of Charles VI of France and Queen of England
- December 21st: Masaccio ( Tommaso di ser Giovanni di Mone Broke }, painter Italian
Death in 1401
- October 20th: Klaus Störtebeker, German pirate, decapitated with Hamburg.
- Ibn Arafa, Imam malikite (born in 1316).
Be-X-old: 1401 Map-bms: 1401 Nds-nl: 1401 Simple: 1401
|Random links:||Félicien Rops | Erwin Kostedde | Michel Husson | Henry Ephron | Green casting | Additif|