This page relates to the year 138 Calendrier Julien.
- July 10th: Beginning of the reign of Antonin, Roman Emperor. (end in 161).
- has its death, Hadrian leaves the empire in peace and safety. The Senate, isolated of the capacity during its reign, claims to refuse the apotheosis to him. One even speaks to declare it tyrant and to cancel his acts.
- Antonin, resulting from a nîmoise family, but born in Lanuvium, in the Latium, adopted by Hadrian, is charged to prepare the transition, by adopting in its turn wire of Aelius César, Lucius Verus and Marc Aurèle. It must intervene to save the memory of his adoptive father. The Senate gives up its attitude.
- Antonin, respectful to the traditions, without anything to sacrifice to the imperial power, approaches the Senate by making concessions. For example, it removes consular Italian imposed by Hadrian. It however maintains the reforms concerning the imperial Council and the equestrian order. It attempts to reduce the public expenditure. The empire knows 23 years of peace and prosperity.
- Theater of Philadelphia (Amman, 138 - 161).
- Theater of Aspendos, by the architect Zénon (138 - 169).
Births in 138
Death in 138
: Aelius Verus ( Lucius Ceionius Commodus Verus ), named after its adoption by Hadrian Lucius Aelius Caesar .
- July 10th: Hadrian, Roman Emperor.
|Random links:||Blue Gene | Cerexhe-Heuseux | National Reso-Phonic Guitars | Chemin de iron in the books | Raalte|