The Micral is the first Micro-ordinateur based on a Microprocesseur.
Micral of originIt was developed of 1972 with 1973 by R2E, young French company directed by André Truong and Paul Magneron to answer a ordering of INRA with an aim of carrying out a calculation and system of measurement of the evaporotranspiration of the grounds, with a tariff lower than the price of the Mini-ordinateur PDP-8 4K (to 45.000 FF). The first model comprises a frontage with many switches. The paternity of the Micral in him even is disputed by André Truong Trong Thi, the creator of R2E and François Gernelle, then member of R2E. However, it was granted to this last by decision of the courts in 1998.
The Micral NR was sold at an extremely low price according to the criteria of the moment: 8500 French francs, is approximately 1300 euros with the frank convertion rate/euros of 2002. Thereafter, of many other models were developed, while being based on the evolutions of the processors and the appearance of the Hard drive.
Micral was conceived around a Microprocesseur Intel 8008. A few years later, R2E knows economic difficulties and is then repurchased by Bull in 1978, which continues a time to market products under the name Bull-Micral .
PC compatiblesIn 1985 Bull leaves the Bull Micral 30 , its first compatible PC-XT with a processor Intel 8088 with 4,77 MHz and an hard drive of 10 Mo. The PC compatibles of Bull will be followed:
- 1986 : Bull Micral 60 Compatible PC-AT with a processor Intel 80286 with 6MHz.
- 1986 : Bull Micral 35 with a processor Intel 80286 with 8MHz.
- 1987 : Bull Micral 40 with a processor Intel 80286 with 8MHz.
- 1988 : Bull Micral 45 with a processor Intel 80286 with 12MHz.
- 1988 : Bull Micral 65 with a processor Intel 80286 with 12MHz.
- 1988 : Bull Micral 75 with a processor Intel 80386 with 8MHz.
- 1988 : portable Bull Micral Attached with a processor Intel 8086 to 9,54MHz.
- 1989 : Bull Micral 200 with a processor Intel 80286 with 12MHz.
- 1989 : Bull Micral 600 with a processor Intel 80386 with 25MHz.
- History of Micral-N (in English)
- History of Bull
- a collection of Micral
- History of Micral by [[François Gernelle]]
- leading with died of Truong by Luc Beech for 01 Data processing
- Death of Andre Truong, inventor of the microcomputer, on ZDnet
|Random links:||Castle of Cazeneuve | Rhina | List stars of the Bird of paradise | Hippolyte de Boë | Rio Culuene | 1370s|