This page relates to the year 1366 Calendrier Julien.
- February 8th: The monastery of Saint-Pons of Cimiez (Nice) passes under the jurisdiction of the Abbaye of Saint-Victor of Marseilles.
- May 25th: The archpriest Arnaud de Cervole, who directs a company of mercenaries, is assassinated by his lieutenants after having devastated the Champagne and the Lorraine. It had been had a presentiment of to carry out a new Holy Land crusade by the king Charles V eager to get rid of the truck drivers.
- December: simple Homage of Jean IV of Brittany to the King de France.
- Charles V of France dispatches in Castille the Grandes companies of truck drivers, who devastated the campaigns since 1360, under the control of Of Guesclin. The royal troops are put in rout at Najera (1367) and Of Guesclin makes captive. They ensure the victory of Henri de Trastamare over Pierre Cruel the supported by the English Montiel (1368).
- Charles takes with his service the Companies which had not passed to Spain and organizes them in standing army, which will enable him to face the English with the resumption of the war.
the English Parlement cancels the decision of the king Jean without Ground to recognize vassal Church.
Epidemics with Constantinople.
the king of Poland Casimir Large the appendix the Volhynie, the Ruthénie and the Galicie. Grown bigger of a third of its territory and its population, the kingdom of Poland becomes a multinational and multireligieux State, with a strong Russian minority of orthodoxe. Casimir practices a policy of polonisation by naming for these new territories a Polish governor and by creating a catholic archbishop's palace with Łwow (1364), which gathers the dioceses of Latin rite of Halicz, Chełm, Wladzimierz. The boyards are integrated rather quickly, adhere to the Catholic church and enter Polish feudality.
- When it annexes the ground of Halicz, Casimir preserves the orthodoxe bishop, beside the Latin métropolite of Halicz-Łwow. Poland becomes the only kingdom of Europe where several confessions coexist peacefully.
Art & culture
- the English poet Geoffrey Chaucer share on mission diplomatic in France, Spain (1366) and in Italy (between 1372 and 1378), where he discovers works of Dante, Pétrarque and Boccace.
Economy & company
the Poland of Casimir is a multinational State in which live of the Poles, of the Germans (in the cities), of Ruthènes (Russian of Halicz), of the Flemings, the Wallachians (Podolie), of the Juifs, the Armenians (dispersed starting from XIe century by the Saljûqides). The administration uses several languages represented by various chancelleries.
Births in 1366
Death in 1366
- January 25th: Heinrich Suso, Swiss mystical theologist.
- May 25th: Arnaud de Cervole says the Archpriest, mercenary chief.
- 27 or December 28th: Conrad Ier d' Oleśnica.
Be-X-old: 1366 Map-bms: 1366 Nds-nl: 1366 Simple: 1366
|Random links:||14 de febrero | Languages of India | Rosa holodonta | County of Oiled | Laurent Legname | Vincent the Dolphin | Géologie|