This page relates to the year 1358 Calendrier Julien.
- November 27th: Beginning of the “reign of the viziers” (1358 - 1361). With died of Abu Inan Faris, anarchy settles in the kingdom Mérinide and supports progress of the Spaniards, the Portuguese and the Arabs.
- In India, Muhammad Shah Bahmani succeeds his father Hassan Zafar Khan on the throne of the Bahmani.
- June 27th: Sealing the defeat of the Venetian vis-a-vis the king of Hungary - Croatia, Louis of Anjou, the Peace of Zadar mark reunification of the Dalmatie to the Croatian crown within the common kingdom. The République of Raguse (current the Dubrovnik ) leaves the mobility of Venice and recognizes suzerainty hungaro - Croatian, whose supervision will be very theoretical. It launches out on the Eastern markets.
- July 20th, Holy Empire: With died of Albert Wise the, his sons are declared Co-regents of the goods of the Habsbourg. The elder one, Rodolphe IV the Founder, duke of Austria and Styrie (fine in 1365), 19 years old, ensures the government. It promulgates the Privilegium majus (false allotted to Frederic Barberousse) to ensure the independence of the Austria.
- the town of Lubeck becomes the general headquarter of the Hanseatic League.
- the Saxon merchants of Kronstadt (Brasov, in Transylvania) obtain privileges of freedom of movement on the roads leading to the low Danube and the Black Sea through the Valachie.
- January: First treaty of London concerning the release of king de France.
- February 13rd: Meeting without much importance of the General states.
- February 22nd: revolutionary Day to carry out the reforms suggested with the General states. The Parisian rioters, under the control of Etienne Marcel, the Provost of the merchants, penetrate in the room of the dolphin Charles, future Charles V, which manages the kingdom in the absence of his/her father, Jean II the Good, prisoner in England. The advisers of the prince, Jean de Conflans and Robert de Clermont, are cut the throat of under its eyes in the gallery of the royal palace (the Caretaker's lodge and current law courts). Four middle-class men are named with the council on the order of Etienne Marcel. Charles flees, joins together an army and blocks the city.
- May 22nd: By letters given to Meaux, the Dolphin Charles Wise the, names the Marshal of France Jean Ier Meingre, said Boucicaut lieutenant-general of the Poitou, of Touraine, Saintonge jointly with Guillaume VII, lord de Parthenay.
- May 28th: Beginning of the Jacquerie in the Beauvaisis and the Brie caused by an incident between some peasants and soldiers with Saint-Leu-in Esserent, close to Creil. It turns to the advantage of the peasants and extends quickly. The peasants plunder and set fire to several castles, massacring the inhabitants. Supported in certain regions by the middle-class men, the Jacques who were given for chief a former soldier, Guillaume Carle (or Karl), makes also alliance with those of Paris where Etienne Marcel carries out the insurrection. The Parisian ones, whose support is episodical, undergo a serious reverse with Meaux.
- June 9th: The knights, led by Charles the Bad, crush the army of peasants, badly equipped and badly ordered, of the Jacquerie, with the Bataille of Mello close to Clermont-in-Beauvaisis, killing approximately 7.000 peasants and subduing the revolt. Guillaume Carle is killed. Wild reprisals are exerted on the farming community during the time which follows: according to certain sources, nearly 20.000 insurgent are carried out in two weeks.
- July 31st: Etienne Marcel, compromised by his alliance with Charles the Bad, is assassinated by J. Maillard, in favor of the dolphin. Two days later, the Dolphin enters Paris triumphantly.
- a monk redécouvre the Salic law: it is used a posteriori to justify the legitimacy of the Valois.
- the Rhone: catastrophic floods.
Economy & company
- In France, the Jacquerie bursts in a rich area where the farming community feels hard the effects of the fall of the economic situation in the price of the grain and supports with difficulty the weight growing of the taxation.
Births in 1358
Death in 1358
- July 20th or August 16th: Albert II '' Wise the '', duke of Austria, the house of Habsbourg. (° 1298).
- July 31st: Etienne Marcel, Provost of the merchants of Paris.
- November 27th: Abu Inan Faris, Mérinide sultan.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Be-X-old: 1358 Map-bms: 1358
|Random links:||Ginette Nephew | Red Hat | Erdeven | The Marshall Mathers LP | List for the defense of the interests of the commune of Linguère | David MacMyn | Grande_pyramide_de_Giza|