This page relates to the year 1357 Calendrier Julien.
- the khan of Transoxiane Kazgan, with made of its capacity, is assassinated by its adversaries at the conclusion of feudal dissensions. His/her son, impotent the Mirzâ Abdallâh, will know the same fate the following year. The Transoxiane sinks in anarchy.
- Return of the Plague.
At the beginning of February: in France, meeting of the general states by the dolphin (future Charles V).
- March 3rd with Paris, the provost of the merchants Etienne Marcel, large Parisian clothier, imposes on the dolphin the Grande ordinance of 1357 which envisages a control of subsidies by the states, a council associated with the dolphin and the reference of the advisers of Jean the Good. Etienne Marcel obtains the support of Parisian, hostile with the military aristocracy, the royal officers and the taxes.
- March 23rd: Truce of Bordeaux, the fourth since the beginning of the War One hundred Year old. After the battles of Poitiers, where it was made prisoner, Jean II '' the Good '' sign truce a two years with the Prince Noir, before being sent in England, where it will remain in captivity during three years.
- April 29th May 1st: After the death of Cola di Rienzo (1354), his/her companion of mission the cardinal Gil Albornoz succeeds in recovering Bologna with the hands of the Visconti and organizing the bases of the Papal States by establishing the Constitutions égidiennes, which divide the territory of the States dependant on the pope into seven provinces (Rome and its surroundings, in the south the Campagna and the Marittima , the Inheritance of Saint-Pierre in Tuscie and the Sabine, the duchy of Spolète and the walk of Ancône), each one controlled by a governor.
- May 28th: Beginning of the reign of Pierre Ier, the Dispenser of justice, or the Cruel one (1320 - 1367), king of the Portugal. Pierre, become king, torture and makes perish the murderers of Ines of Castro, Pedro Coelho and Alvaro Gonçalves, advisers of his father (1360). He raises with the memory of Ines a tomb with Alcobaça, chief of Portuguese medieval work of art. He will fight during his reign against ecclesiastical feudality and the corruption of the high clergy.
- the Séfarade Mossé “Navarro”, refugee with the Portugal after having escaped with a slaughter in Navarre in 1328, becomes treasurer and adviser of the king Pedro.
- July 5th: failure of the seat of Rennes carried out by the duke of Lancaster, during the War of succession of Brittany. Bertrand of Guesclin takes part in the defense of the city.
- the konungsbalk (“royal code”) promulgated by Magnus Eriksson precise that the instruments of the town of Stockholm must be written in Swedish. The burgomasters, six, are for Swedish and German half, just like the thirty advisers.
- Beginning of the reign of Berdibeg, khan of the Horde of Gold (fine in 1359). Under Berdibeg and its successors, the empire of the Gold Horde is dislocated. A feudal lord, Mamaï, hold the effective capacity.
Art & culture
- the shroud of Turin (Saint-Shroud) is mentioned for the first time.
- Construction of the Medersa Bou Inaniya of Fès (fine in 1357).
- Retable for the Strozzi vault in Santa Maria Novella with Florence, of Andrea Orcagna ( glorious Christ among the angels and the saints ).
Economy & company
- Ten seven companies florentines create the Escarcelle of the merchants florentins which sends each week a mail of Florence to Avignon by Genoa and another of Avignon with Florence in opposite direction.
Births in 1357
Death in 1357
- Suleyman Pasha, wire of the Othoman sultan Orkhan, during a shooting party.
- the khan of Transoxiane Kazgan
Be-X-old: 1357 Map-bms: 1357
|Random links:||Vine growing in Portugal | Velaine-under-Amance | Érize-the-burned | List dissolved squadrons of the French Air force | Steeve Harris | Géologue|