This page relates to the year 1354 Calendrier Julien.
- catastrophic Floods in the Eastern plain in China.
With the Tibet, the LAMA S Sakyapa lose the capacity with the profit of the Phagmodrupa, a branch of the Kagyüpa, whose most prestigious representative is Changchub Gyeltshen (1302 - 1373). This one breaks any bond with the Mongolian dynasty of the Yuan, then that Chinese of the Ming. It increases the independence of Tibet and founds the administrative system of the dzong , “fortress-district”.
- February 22nd: Treaty of Mantes between Jean II the Good and Charles II of Navarre, with the advantage of this last.
- March 13rd: Charles IV of the Holy roman Empire sets up the Luxembourg in Duché in favor of his/her brother Venceslas Ier. It will pass by heritage to the house of Burgundy.
- August: Cola di Rienzo, released by Innocent VI, named again powerful orator, then elected senator, enters Rome where it drives out the tyrant Baroncelli.
- October 5th: Matteo II, Galeazzo II and Bernardo Visconti reign on the possessions of Milan.
- October 8th: Culprit of despotism, Cola di Rienzo is carried out by the axe following a rising of the noble conduits by the Colonna and the Savelli.
- War One hundred Year old: failure of the peace negotiations.
- Pierre the Ceremonious occupies Alghero, in Sardinia.
- Strasbourg becomes free city.
- Ten Alsatian cities form a league, the Décapole. They escape the authority thus from the Habsbourg.
- the Turks Othoman S acquire Gallipoli, on bank of the Dardanelles, their first possession in Europe.
- Progression of Serb, the Turks and Génois in the Empire, religious fights.
February: Mathieu Cantacuzène is Co-emperor.
- October: Jean V Paleologist, supported by the Serb ones, starts a civil war against Jean VI Cantacuzène.
- November 22nd: Jean V Paleologist enters to Constantinople.
- February 1st: Jean V Paleologist sign a treaty with Jean VI Cantacuzène for the division of the capacity.
- December 10th: Jean VI Cantacuzène must abdicate. Cantacuzène are withdrawn in Morée (fine in 1382) and the Empire is tiny room to the Thrace, Thessalonique and some Aegean islands. The Turks called by Jean Cantacuzène hold Gallipoli, head of bridge which enables them to pass from Asia to Europe. Jean Cantacuzène withdraws himself with the Mont Athos then with Mistra where he dies in 1383.
Art & culture
- Construction of the chorus of the cathedral of Freiburg in Germany.
Science & technology
- an ordinance of Pierre IV of Aragon obliges each warship to have two charts on board.
- Innauguration of the Clock S local elections of Colmar, Ghent and York.
Economy & company
- China: schedule decreasing by 2/10° the price of the tenant farming in all the empire.
Births in 1354
Death in 1354
- September 7th: Andrea Dandolo, 54e Doge de Venise and chronicler.
- October 5th: Giovanni Visconti .
- October 8th: Cola di Rienzo.
Be-X-old: 1354 Map-bms: 1354 Simple: 1354
|Random links:||Saint-Maixme-Hauterive | Amazonian basin | Panagis Tsaldaris | Georges Wassouf | Phytosociology: Classes CATMINAT of vegetation in France - key of determination 14 | Gary_Coleman|