This page relates to the year 1347 Calendrier Julien.
Beginning of the reign of the gengiskhanide Tughluk Timur, khan of the Mogholistan (fine in 1363). It converts with Islam and is made recognize of the Turkish emir of Transoxiane Kazgan (1347/1357) and consolidates Mogholistan.
- the sultanate of the Bahmanî of the Dekkan is founded in the south of the India.
- the general Türk Hassan Zafar Khan becomes sultan of the Bahmanî under the name of Aldine “Alâ” Hassan Baham Shâh. He revolts against Muhammad ibn Tughluq and founds in Gulbarga (Mysore) in Dekkan the dynasty indo-Moslem woman of Bahmanî (fine in 1527). Under its successors, the territory will be increased of Golconde, but tensions will appear between the Arab immigrants, Turkish or Iranian, known under the name of the indigenous Afâqis, and Moslems, or Dakhinîs.
- Creation of Toungoon in Burma.
The Middle East
- the Mamelouks seize the Petite Arménie.
- Beginning of an epidemic of Plague which prevails in Europe until in 1353, involving the disappearance from 25 to 30% of the population.
- At the time of a war between Khan of the Crimea Jambelk and the counter génois of Caffa, of the corpses the pestiferous ones are catapulted in the city.
- the epidemic, transported by boats génois, reached Metz-native ( September), Genoa ( December), then Marseilles (December) and is spread in all Europe. Venice is reached in June 1348.
See also: Black Death
- March 11th: Statuts of Wiślica, which reforms the Polish Législation . It creates a juice Polonicum which indicates the noble like the representatives of the Polish nation, i.e. of the whole of the population. Casimir III of Poland uses them to occupy the stations of Gouverneur S ( starosta ) which will become the base of the Polish administration.
- April 3rd: A decree of the king de Bohême Charles IV decides the construction of the new town of Prague, the greatest operation of Urbanisme of the Moyen-âge, which did not have the equal one in Europe of the 14th century, to face the demographic growth of its capital.
- June 20th: Battle of the Rock-Derrien. Thomas Dagworth makes captive Charles of Blois (fine in 1356).
- August 4th: The English seize the port of Calais.
- September 26th: Gaston III of Foix-Béarn, count de Foix, declares the neutral Béarn in the conflict opposing the king de France to the king d' Angleterre (Guerre One hundred Year old).
- November 18th: Jean de Marigny, bishop of Beauvais and Chancellor of the king Philippe VI of Valois, young brother of Enguerrand de Marigny, is named archbishop of Rouen.
- Third trève in the War One hundred Year old (fine in 1556).
- Conquest of the Courlande by the Danish which buy the Estonia with the Teutoniques.
May 21st: To Rome, the notary Cola di Rienzo goes up to the Capitole and is made proclaim powerful orator by the people, grouped behind him against the great nobility. He establishes a new constitution. He enjoys dictatorial capacities which enable him to restore the order. He drives out the noble ones of Rome (Orsini, Colonna) and obtains in August the tender with the republic of many towns of Italy.
- December 15th, in front of the difficulty in supplying Rome and the hostility of the pope, Cola di Rienzo is constrained to flee by the legate Bertrand of Two, not having known to retain the favor of the pope and the people, crushed under heavy taxes.
- opens one period of vacancy of the capacity (1347 - 1417), during which the Papal States explode in a series of seigniories and city-States of which Ferrare, dominated by the family of Este or Rimini by the Malatesta. Large noble the Roman S, Orsini and Colonna, dispute the capacity in a city into full Décadence.
- May 21st: Crowning of Jean VI Cantacuzène, Byzantine Emperor usurping (reign until in 1355).
- May: Gregoire Palamas becomes Archevêque of Thessalonique.
- the Tsar Serbe Etienne Douchan is turned over against Jean Cantacuzène, seizes all the Macedonia except Thessalonique, then of the Epire, Albania, Acarnanie, Etolie and Thessalie.
Science & technology
First unquestionable use of the guns in Western Europe.
Economy & company
- 41.000 inhabitants with Rouen.
Births in 1347
Death in 1347
January 1st: Gasbert de Valle or of the Valley , bishop of Marseilles (1319 - 1323), archbishop of Arles (1323 - 1341), then of archbishop of Narbonne, cardinal, Chamberlain of the Pope S Jean XXII, Benoit XII and Clement VI. (° 1297).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Balducci Pegolotti, commercial Florentin, author of Pratica beyond will mercatura , which provides invaluable information on the international business of the time.
Be-X-old: 1347 Map-bms: 1347 Simple: 1347
|Random links:||Me thousand-year-old front J. - C. | Leonardo Perziano | David Gillick | Volucella bombylans | Federal executive council | Or|