This page relates to the year 1343 Calendrier Julien.
- Reign of Qazan, khan djaghataïde of Transoxiane (fine in 1346). It becomes the toy of the Turkish leading class. The capacity in fact is between the hands of the emir Kazgan, from which the strongholds extend to north from the Amou-Daria.
- January 16th: Jeanne Ire (1326 - 1382) becomes queen of Naples and countess of Provence.
- Robert Wise the, king of Naples, leaves with its death the country in a state of feudal anarchy and fight. Jeanne Iere succeeds to him. Its husband Andre of Hungary request to be crowned and to share the capacity. Jeanne, influenced by the Anjou - Tarente, refuses. The king of Hungary, brother of Andre, calls of them with the pope Clément VI which sends to the queen an ultimatum. The date of crowning is fixed at the September 20th 1345.
- January 19th: second truce in the War One hundred Year old. The “Truce of Malestroit” between the France and the England is concluded for one three years duration thanks to the intervention from the pope Clément VI.
- February 24th: Boguslaw V of Poméranie and Casimir III Large the is combined against the Teutoniques.
- June 22nd: Amédée VI, the Count Vert (1334-1383), becomes count of Savoy.
- July 8th: Treaty of Kalisz between Polish and Teutoniques: the Cujavie and the area of Dobrzyń return to Poland in exchange of the perpetual offering of the Poméranie de Gdańsk and the area of Chełmno to the Order.
- September 1st: release of Jean de Montfort by the king of France.
- Acquisition of the Dauphine by Philippe VI of France. The province will pass to the kingdom of France in 1349.
- Opening of the first true session of the General states, Parliament of France.
- Florence institutes a seigniory made up of the 21 guilds.
- Beginning of the reign of Haakon VI Magnusson (1340 - 1380), king of Norway after the abdication of his/her father Magnus VII of Norway.
- a inquisitor is installed with Prague.
- country Revolt in Estonia (fine in 1345). The Danish kings must yield their territories of the north of Estonia to the order of the knights Teutoniques which controlled already the Livonie.
- Following the disorders which have occurred between Christians and Moslems in the counters of the mouth of the Gift, the khan of the Horde of Gold Djanibeg drives out the European tradesmen again. It besieges Caffa twice (1343 and 1355).
Art & culture
- September 3rd: Foundation of the University of Pisa.
- Fiammetta of Boccace (1343 - 1344).
- Secretum , dialog of Pétrarque writes close to Avignon.
- Activity of the painter, sculptor and Italian architect Andrea Orcagna, (Andrea di Cione, 1343 - 1368) which works especially with Florence.
Economy & company
- Hanseatic League: the federation is officially called the Hanse. It counts soon more eighty-five cities.
- Hanse is made of towns of first importance (Bremen, Hamburg, Lübeck, Stralsund on the German coast, Cologne and Dortmund inside the grounds, Rīga and Visby outside the empire), of multiple more or less important cities (Kampen, Königsberg, Stettin, Reval, Dorpat…), of four large counters (Bruges, Bergen, London, Novgorod), and of many foreign posts dependant on the cities.
- Each city can be made hear within the framework of the assemblies ( Tag ): at the base of the regional assemblies, then starting from 1347 of the assemblies of third (Lübeck, Cologne, Visby - Rostock). At the top sits the general Diet ( Hansetag ) which irregularly brings together the representatives of the cities with Lübeck and makes the important decisions.
- First examples of Insurance S with premiums raised in the notarial contracts of Genoa: the insurer touches a premium which represents from 15 to 20% of the cargo but accepts responsibility for all the risks.
- Bankruptcy of the company florentine of the Peruzzi due to impossibility of recovering the naps lent by the branches of Naples and London to the kings of Naples and England. At the same time the other large companies florentines crumble (Bardi, Acciaiuoli, Bonaccorsi).
Births in 1343
Death in 1343
- January 16th: Robert Ier of Naples.
- June 22nd: Aymon of Savoy.
- September 16th: Philippe III the Good, also called Philippe d' Évreux , count d' Évreux of 1319 at 1343 and king de Navarre of 1328 at 1343, wire of Louis de France and Marguerite d' Artois, nephew of the king de France Philippe IV Beautiful the. (° March 27th 1306).
Be-X-old: 1343 Map-bms: 1343 Simple: 1343
|Random links:||Jacques Perret (XVIe century) | Mildred Shay | Auburn Tigers | Elmer McCurdy | Died at midnight | Jour_allemand_d'unité|