This page relates to the year 1317 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- Orkhan, wire of Osman Ier takes the head of the army Othoman E.
- Reign of Abu Saïd, it-qan of Iran (fine in 1334). It succeeds the twelve years age to his father Oldjaïtou dead in December 1316. The Tchopan, most powerful of feudal, imposes its authority during ten years.
- January 9th: Crown Philippe V of France and Jeanne II of Burgundy to Rheims by the archbishop Robert de Courtenay.
- the General states, with died of Louis X Hutin, declare that “with woman, crown of France does not succeed”, thus disinheriting Jeanne de Navarre with the profit of his/her uncle, Philippe V the Length, which becomes king de France and of Navarre (fine in 1322). The Salic law prohibited from now on the throne of France to the women.
- the Comté of Burgundy returns in the kingdom of France.
- June 17th: Alain Gonthier, is named bishop of Saint-Malo. It will remain it until its nomination like bishop of Quimper in 1333.
- June: Georges Danilovitch of Moscow marries the sister of Large Khan of the Horde of Gold, Özbeg which grants the title of large-prince to him.
- December 22nd: In Russia, the large-prince Michel de Tver crushes the Muscovites with Bortenevo and captures the woman of Georges Danilovitch, girl of the khan of the Horde of Gold.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- the Pape Jean XXII by the bubble Sane considering sets up évêché of Toulouse in archbishop's palace and dividing it into six new évêchés: Montauban, Lavaur, Mirepoix, Saint-Papoul, Rieux and Lombez.
- spiritual (or Célestins) the Franciscain S, group dissenting of the franciscains, which practice a rigorous asceticism (Fraticelles), is condemned for heresy by the pope Jean XXII. The group retorts by declaring not only the only legitimate order franciscain but also single the true catholic order. He condemns in his turn the very whole Church for heresy and judge the nonvalid decrees of the pope.
Art & culture
- Statutes of the University of Bologna. The city has been for two centuries the theater of the rebirth of the legal studies (Irnerius, Gratien, the Paucapalea, Rolando Bandinelli, Rufin, Jean the German and Sinibaldo Fieschi). The university is structured in thirteen nations gathering the students originating in the same area who contribute to the diffusion of the Roman Droit in Europe.
Science & technology
- Appearance of the first portable Compass with lid of glass in France.
Economy & company
- regular Relations by sea between Bruges and Venice ( galere da mercato ).
- Denis Ier of Portugal signs contract with the merchant génois Manuel Pessagno, so that it puts at the service Portugal his fleet of a score of ships. The Pessagno carry the title of admiral to Portugal during five generations.
Births in 1317
Death in 1317
- September 21st: Violated Élizabeth de Cieszyn, queen of Bohemia and Poland.
- December 25th: Jean de Joinville, noble Champagne and historian of Saint Louis.
Be-X-old: 1317 Map-bms: 1317 Simple: 1317
|Random links:||Saint-Sigismond (Maine-et-Loire) | Copco atlas | List prefects of Seine-et-Oise | Tetraodontidae | Daniel Vacek | Gotthold_Ephraim_Lessing|