This page relates to the year 1304 Calendrier Julien.
The Middle East
- May 11th: Beginning of the reign of Oldjaytu Khodabanda, khan of the Mongols of Persian (until in 1317).
- the pope Benoît XI leaves Rome with the hands of the Colonna for Perugia where he dies the July 7th (poisoned?).
- July 20th: Catch of the Castle of Stirling by Edouard Ier of England, last fortified town of the Scot revolted.
- July 23rd: In a statement made publicly in the church cathedral of Cahors, Raymond, bishop of the city, recognizes that it holds the consuls and inhabitants of this city for goods and true catholic, chaplains, priors and excessively pious people.
- 10 - August 11th: Battle of Zierikzee between the fleets franco-hollando-gênoise and Flemish.
- August 18th: The Flemish militia are crushed by the army of Philippe IV Beautiful the with the Bataille of Mons-in-Pévèle.
- August 27th: Beginning of the reign of Michel Iaroslavitch de Tver, large-prince of Vladimir (fine in 1318).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Art & culture
- the British theologist John Duns Scot comes to teach with Paris.
- the Banquet (v. 1304 - 1307) and Of eloquence in vulgar language (1304 - 1305) of Dante.
- Depreciation of the Byzantine hyperpère (gold penny) which passes from 9 (1261) to 5 carats to pay balances it Almungavars. The foreign creditors claim that one pay them in penny of the old type, while the Greek government imposes the forced course of the devaluated emissions.
- China: Schedule decreasing by 20 % the price of the tenant farming to the Jiangxi.
Births in 1304
Death in 1304
- May 11th: Ghazan.
- June 4th: Sambor, prince of Rügen.
- October 11th: Conrad II Uneven the, duke of Żagań.
Be-X-old: 1304 Map-bms: 1304 Simple: 1304
|Random links:||The Community of common Carries Southern Rhine France | USS Farragut | The Convenient one of Victorine | My Friends | Giramondu | Leaving Rivendell|