This page relates to the year 1284 Calendrier Julien.
- Voyage of Marco Polo to Ceylon.
The Middle East
- August 10th: Beginning of the reign of Arghoun, it-khan, Persian Mongolian of (until in 1291).
- Arghoun, governor of the Khorasan revolted, walk on the Iraq. It is overcome by Tekudar close to Kazwin the May 4th. After this defeat, the empire of it-qan approaches the Kiptchak and from the Mamelouk and is detached from the Mongolian empire. But Tekudar is victim of a plot (August 10th) and Arghoun succeeds to him. It tries to be combined to the Christians against the Mamelouks and the Kiptchak, but neither the pope Honore IV, nor the king of France Philippe Beautiful the answer its offers of alliance.
- the sultan Mameluke of Egypt Qala' a sign a ten years truce with the Christians of Acre, broken in 1290.
- March 3rd: Statute of Rhuddlan. The Wales is annexed to the England.
- April 4th: Political instability in Castille with died of Alphonse X.
- April 6th: With died of Pierre Ier d' Alençon with Salerno, Philippe III Bold the acquires the county of Chartres which it integrates into the royal Domaine.
- June 5th: Charles II of Anjou is beaten and made captive with the naval battle of bay of Naples by Roger de Lauria.
- June 26th - September 7th: the French besiege Gérone in Catalogne.
- the pope having deposited Pierre III of Aragon and given its kingdom to the son of king de France, Charles de Valois, Philippe III carries out a crusade (1284 - 1285) to conquer the Aragon which shows a failure where the king of France finds death.
- Be: Beginning of the reign of Sanche IV the Brave man, king of Leon and Castille (until in 1295).
- August 6th: The fleet génoise ordered by Oberto Doria demolishes Pisa with the battles of Meloria and becomes dominant on the the Mediterranean. Genoa becomes thus the rival of Venice. Starting from this date, which marks the long decline of Pisa, various experiments of government seigneurial will be carried out.
- August 14th: The Navarre and the Champagne are joined together with the France (see also 1607) by the marriage of Philippe Beautiful the and Jeanne de Navarre.
- October 31st: Strike gold first Ducats with Venice.
- Following the blockade of the Hanséates, the king of Norway Erik Magnusson must promise to them to repair the damage which they have sudden. The trade begins again but the cogues which make road towards Norway are plundered by Norwegian pirates. Hanséates, with the support of their allies (Danish, German, English), insulate the country completely.
Art & culture
- November 28th: The collapse of the Nef of 48 m of the Cathédrale Saint-Pierre of Beauvais in construction causes the stop of the building site during three decades and slows down the dash of the Architecte S Gothic.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Construction of the Mosque of the Sultan Qala' a with the Cairo.
- Construction of the Pagoda of Mingalazedi to Pagan in Burma.
- Decoration of the dome of Pisa by Pisano.
- Construction of the enclosure of Florence (fine in 1333).
- Jean de Meung translates the Re militari , of Végèce, under the title of the Art of the knighthood , dedicated to Jean de Brienne, count of Have.
- Hugh de Balsham, bishop of Ely founds Peterhouse, the first of the colleges of Cambridge.
- Foundation about the Dancing dervishes with Konya.
Economy & company
- October 31st: The first striking of the Ducat of gold (zecchino or sequin) of Venice which becomes the currency of the trade in the Mediterranean with the guilders of Florence.
- maritime Statute of Venice.
- Stability of harvests of the abbey of Saint-Denis between 1284 and 1342, except climatic briefs accidents.
- Under the reign of Arghoun, the Persian Empire of it-qan is raised. Following intense centralization, the economic life takes a new rise. The peasants turn over in the destroyed villages, and in the cities the craft industry and the trade intensify.
Births in 1284
Death in 1284
Be-X-old: 1284 Map-bms: 1284
|Random links:||Transcription of the novelists | Border (Saône-et-Loire) | Responsibilities for the municipal Government of the Town of Quebec | Beale Street | Rally of Fall | bateau_Aller-rapide|