This page relates to the year 1279 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of the Dynasty Yuan in China, instituted by Koubilaï Khan (Qubilai Khan) (until in 1368).
- April 3rd: The last Chinese fleet which had transported in a refuge the remainder of the Song army is destroyed.
- April 13rd: Kubilai eliminates the last Song and founds the Yuan dynasty with Khanbalik (Beijing) for capital.
- Kubilai preserves the institutions and tries to rejoin the Chinese civils servant. China enters during one time of peace and religious tolerance. In a few decades, the Mongolian aristocracy established in China assimilates Chinese civilization.
- Died of the Minister for Finance of Kubilai Khan, the Moslem of Bukhara Seyid Edjell, replaced by Ahmed Benâketï.
- a Mongolian raid is pushed back in India by the sultan of Delhi.
- Ifriqiya : with died of the Hafside Al-Mustansir burst of interminable quarrels of succession. The Arab tribes seminomad, called Tripolitaine by the candidates for the throne and balanced by them, realizing heavy royalties expenses by the sedentaries, involves rebellions and secession to the surroundings of 1370.
The Middle East
- Reign of Salamish, sultan Mameluke of Egypt, and regency of Al-Mansur Qala' a, (end in 1290), which concentrates between its hands all the capacities. It draws aside Salamish (1280) and is combined with Byzance
- February 16th: Beginning of the reign of Denis Ier of Portugal (Diniz I), king of the Portugal (until in 1325).
- In Portugal, the Juifs are gathered in seven districts (Trass bone Go up, Viseu and Covilhao, Beira, Sandarem, Evora or Alentejo, Faro or Algarve), directed each one by a arrabi menor, which indicate the arrabi mor (Large Rabin), more probably named by the king on their proposal. It is a considerable character, charged with economic and administrative high positions, adviser and collaborator of the sovereign.
- April: Przemysl II becomes duke of Large-Poland (fine in 1296). Resulting from the family of the Piast, it fights the king of Bohemia Vaclav II which has establishes its authority on the majority of the duchies of Silesia, then on the duchy of Cracow. Przemysl II reunifies its duchy around Gniezno and conquers the Eastern Poméranie of Gdańsk.
- September 18th: Eberhart Ier becomes count of Wurtemberg (fine in 1325).
- October: The Franciscain John Peckham becomes archbishop of Canterbury (fine in 1292).
- December 7th: Beginning of the reign of Lech II the Black, duke of Cracow (until in 1288).
Art & culture
- Duns Scot after its studies at the universities of Oxford and Paris gives courses to Paris (fine in 1300) on the Sentences, handbook for the teaching of theology of the Italian Pierre Lombard.
- Denis Ier adopts the Portuguese like language of its chancellery.
Economy & company
New census of all the fields and the incomes of all the lords of the kingdom of England ( Hundred Rolls ).
- 46% of the English peasants does not have any more but one equal exploitation where lower than six hectares. Dice the end of the 13th century, 36% of the English peasants hardly have the vital minimum necessary to maintain their family (4 to 5 ha).
Denis Ier of Portugal develops agriculture (plantation of pines to build the fleet), the trade and industry.
the Minister for Finance of Kubilai Khan practical Ahmed Benâketï a policy of inflation which weakens the tch' ao, the paper money. This policy contributes to ruin the Chinese peasants who know the famine, whereas the Mongolian leading class accumulates the richnesses.
Births in 1279
Death in 1279
- February 16th Alphonse III of Portugal.
- September 18th: Ulrich II of Wurtemberg.
- December 7th: Boleslas V Modest the.
Be-X-old: 1279 Map-bms: 1279 Simple: 1279
|Random links:||Animate | Arte | Volume 2 (Shaman King) | List ambassadors of the United States of America in France | Atpic | Running (mathematical) | Humeur_grammaticale|