This page relates to the year 1271 Calendrier Julien.
- July 2nd: First treaty of Presbourg between Etienne V of Hungary and Ottokar II of Bohemia.
- August 12th: Sacring of Philippe Bold the.
- August 25th: The County of Toulouse, the Poitou and the Auvergne return to the royal field of the king of France to died of Alphonse of Poitiers and Jeanne of Toulouse. Philippe Bold the receives in heritage France of oc which is joined together in France of oil.
- September 1st: Beginning of the Pontificate of Gregoire X (until in 1276).
the Christian king of Dongola David Ier, considering that the sultan Baybars launched all his forces against the crusaders, refuses to pay the tribute and devastates the area of Assouan. In 1272, it seizes the port Aydhab on the Red Sea, which is used of stopover with the Egyptian ships and place of loading for the pilgrims going to Mecque. The Moslems, directed by the emir of Kous react vigorously and push back David Ier who is made prisoner and replaced by one of his cousins (1275). The kingdom of Dongola is constrained to pour a more important tribute and to accept Moslem civils servant in his capital.
- Beginning of the voyage of Niccolo, Matteo and Marco Polo of Venice until in China (fine in 1295). It seems that they took the road of the Ayas to Erzeroum and Tabriz, then pass to the south of the Caspienne then cross the Central Asia by Sapurgan and the salt mines of Taican, in the south of the Amou-Daria. They arrive to Lop then cross the Gobi Desert towards Karakorum and reach finally Cambaluc (Beijing).
- Institution of houses of hospitalization in China. Another ordinance makes compulsory to support the widows, the orphans and the invalids.
- the Mongolian vainly try to invade the Japan where they think of finding gold in quantity.
- the khan of Djaghataï Barak, wounded during a fall of horse during its countryside against the Persian , request help with Qaïdu. He dies in mysterious circumstances before this last could not intervene ( August). Its death causes a great confusion. Its four sons and the wire of Alaghou league against Qaïdu to cover independence with the Transoxiane. Qaïdu allots the country to another prince djagathaïde, Nikpaï Oghoul, which betrays it and is turned over against him. Qaïdu overcomes it the fact of carrying out and puts Togatemur on the throne of Transoxiane (1272).
The close East & Arab World
- April 8th: The sultan Baybars takes the Krak of the Knights ( Hosn-Al-Akrad ). He seizes all the franques fortified towns of the interior: Nazareth, the Thabor, Bethlehem, Safet, Beaufort, White Chastel…
- In the years which follow, the Francs and the Mongolian will organize several incursions in Syria, but will be pushed back. The franques possessions are reduced to dead Baybars (1277) with a chain of coastal cities.
Arts & culture
Construction of the Miaying Pagoda and the Tower of the Drum with Beijing (Beijing).
Births in 1271
Death in 1271
- May 9th: Warcisław II, duke of Gdańsk.
- August 21st: Alphonse of Poitiers, count of Poitiers and Toulouse.
- August 25th: Jeanne of Toulouse.
- August: Barak, khan of Djaghataï.
- Hadjdji Bektach Veli (born in 1210), founder of the powerful religious order of the Bektachis in the western center of the Anatolia.
Be-X-old: 1271 Map-bms: 1271 Simple: 1271
|Random links:||Stallergenes | Matthew Dubourg | Jerome Blake | Camp of Fontevraud | House of the culture from Japan in Paris | Götterdämmerung|