This page relates to the year 1265 Calendrier Julien.
- Reign of Tou-tsong emperor Song of China (end in 1274).
- Kubilai Khan takes again the war against the Song.
The Middle East
- Abaqa married Marie, girl of the Byzantine emperor Michel VIII Paleologist. He does not give up the friendly policy with regard to the Christians, in spite of his preference for the Bouddhisme.
- With died of Houlagou Khan, the sultan Mameluke of Egypt Baybars, after being itself assured the neutrality of Byzance and the sultan of Rum carries out the offensive against the crusaders and takes Césarée (February 27th). It moves towards north, penetrates on the territory of the Armenian Héthoum and destroyed king at all cities, whose capital Sis, of which it kills most of the population, and brings back more than forty thousand prisoners. The Armenian kingdom will never be concerned any.
- the Saljûqide Mu' in Aldine Suleyman takes Sinope with the Greeks.
- January 20th: First meeting of the Parliament English elected official with the Palate of Westminster ( Model Parliament ). It brings together in the same assembly the representatives of the counties and cities, at a rate of two knights per counties and two middle-class men per city.
- February 5th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Clement IV (Guy Foulques, known as the Large one) (until in 1271).
- the pope Clément IV allots the kingdom of Naples and of Sicily to Charles Ier of Anjou, brother of Louis IX, becomes king with the detriment of the Hohenstaufen Manfred, bastard of Frederic II.
- Mars: Istvan, prince of Transylvania, ends up beating his/her father Béla IV with Isaszeg and is made proclaim “king-junior” of the Eastern half of Hungary (March 1266).
- August 4th: Battle of Evesham, battles decisive of the “ second war of the Barons ”, during whom the English rebellious barons under the control of Simon V of Montfort will be massacred on the battle field by the royalist forces of Prince Edouard (future king Edouard Ier of England), four times more.
- Raid of the Horde of Gold in Thrace :
- Nogaï walk with 20.000 riders against the Byzantine (winter). In spring, it crushes the troops of Michel VIII Paleologist. The Greek soldiers would be flee before even to have started the combat. Michel Paléologue manages to take refuge on board his boat and to return to Constantinople, while the army of the Kiptchak confusion Thrace where it seizes a rich person spoils. Later, the Gold Horde and Byzance will conclueront an alliance and the Byzantine emperor will give in marriage to Nogaï his daughter Euphrosyna.
- During its incursion in Thrace, Nogaï manages to deliver the sultan seldjouqide captive of the Byzantines and to give it on its throne. It thus acquires the support of the States Turkish of Asia Mineure, and alliance between the Gold Horde, Byzance and of the Egypt Mamelouk will enable him to hold in failure them it-qan of Perse.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- March 15th: Hugues de Puychagut, Grimard de Picon and Hélie de Saint-Michel yields their rights on the fortress of Puyguilhem and the grounds surrounding to the king d' Angleterre Henri III. In exchange, a Bastide was to be built outside the castle.
- September 28th: Jean, lord de Choiseul declares by letters that it will hold the truce accurately that the count Henri de Vaudémont, Gobert, lord d' Apremont and Geoffroy, lord de Bourlemont concluded between him and the count of Bar.
Art & culture
- Summa Theologica of Thomas d' Aquin.
- the Talmud ist Nachmanides, shown blasphemy, leaves the Spain to finish its life with Jerusalem.
- the book of Jean d' Ibelin.
Economy & company
- the postal service of Mongolia becomes a regular institution.
- Louis IX of France limit strike them seigneuriales and creates the large tournaments (4,22 G of money), very snuffed in the international business.
Births in 1265
Death in 1265
- February 8th: Houlagou Khan .
- February 24th: Roger IV of Foix, count de Foix. (° 1223).
- August 4th: Simon V of Montfort, 6th count de Leicester, killed with the Battle of Evesham by the royalist forces of the Prince Edouard (future king Edouard Ier of England).
- August 4th: Hughes Ier Despencer, 1st Baron Despencer, killed with the Battle of Evesham by the royalist forces of the Prince Edouard (future king Edouard Ier of England).
Be-X-old: 1265 Map-bms: 1265 Simple: 1265
|Random links:||1834 | Chapman Stick | DemonizaciÃ³n | Theobald de Dillon | Church of Constantinople | GX 317 | Georg Thoma | GTE|