This page relates to the year 1258 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of Abou Youssef Yacoub, king marinide of the Morocco (until in 1286). It succeeds his brother Abou Yahia. The Marinides reign on all Morocco except for Marrakech, always with the hands of the Almohades.
September: Koubilaï Khan attacks the China South then subjects the Korea.
- October: The armies of Möngke penetrate in the Sichuan. After the first victories, it is constrained to besiege the fortresses.
The Middle East
- February 10th: The Mongolian of Houlagou Khan put Baghdad at bag (the city counts a million inhabitants) and put an end to the Abbasid Califat .
- the Moslem combatants, in spite of the intervention of the caliph, are exterminated as soon as they deposited the weapons. The city is plundered, its destroyed monuments, its set fire to districts, its massacred population (between 90.000 and 1 million people according to the sources). Only the Christian community of the city is saved thanks to the intercession of the woman of the khan.
- February 20th: Last truth caliph of the Abbasid Empire , Musta' sim Bi-Llah, is carried out by smothering.
- Houlagou Khan goes then towards Hamadhan and the Azerbaïdjan and installs its residences with Tabriz and Maragha, in Azerbaïdjan, where it uses the rich person pastures of Moghan and Arran to make feed its wild stud farms.
- the Mongols take Damas and Alep.
- Victoire of Venice on Genoa with Acre.
- May 11th: The Treated of Corbeil signed between Louis IX of France and Jacques Ier d' Aragon fixes the free-Aragonese border at the south of the Corbières.
- May 28th: Alexandre IV addresses Viterbe three bubbles to the archbishops of Bourges and Rheims, on the one hand, of Bordeaux and Tours, on the other hand, like with those of Sens and Bourges again, prescribing to them to enact canonical sanctions against the disturbers and the laic or ecclesiastical despoilers of the goods of the Abbaye of Saint-Denis.
- May 28th: The king of France Saint Louis sign the treaty of Paris with Henri III of England which gives up the Anjou, the Normandy, the Touraine, the Maine and the Poitou in exchange of fields in the dioceses of Limoges, Cahors and Périgueux.
- August 10th: Beginning of the reign of Manfred Ier of Sicily, king of Naples and Sicily (until in 1266). It is made courroner with Palermo following the unfounded rumor of died of the king Conradin, then refuses to return the crown.
- August 18th:
- Beginning of the reign of Jean IV Lascaris, Byzantine Emperor, of associated Nicée (until in 1261).
- Regency of Georges Muzalon and Arsene Autorianos.
- February 1st: Beginning of the reign of Michel VIII Paleologist, Byzantine Emperor of associated Nicée (until in 1282).
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Coalition enters the Epire, Manfred of Sicily, and the prince of Achaïe, Guillaume II of Villehardouin against the Empire of Nicée.
- Foundation of the citadel of Mothe-in-Bassigny.
- Charles of Anjou acquires the county of Vintimille.
- Beginning of a revolt of the English barons, carried out by Simon de Montfort the Young person, against the king Henri III of England (until in 1265).
- the English barons, directed by Simon de Montfort, count of Leicester, who oppose the initiatives of the king Henri III in Sicily and his choice of foreign advisers (Poitevins and Savoyards), revolt against him. They oblige it to sign the Provisions of Oxford which limit the royal capacity (institution of a Parliament and a permanent council elected to control the country) and to return the foreign advisers, of which the favorite of the king the Gascon Pierre Galveston. N the other hand, the baronnage limit its turbulences while entering the governmental councils.
Art & culture
- Thomas d' Aquin begins the drafting of its Somme against Nice the (fine in 1263).
- Etienne Boilau is named provost of Paris. It will write the “ Livre of the Trades ” in 1270.
Births in 1258
Death in 1258
- Saint Pierre Nolasque, with Barcelona, religious Languedocien, tutor of Jacques Ier d' Aragon, founder about the Thank you for the repurchase of the prisoners.
Be-X-old: 1258 Map-bms: 1258
|Random links:||Historia de Costa Rica | Writing | Amorbach | Närpes | Equip with Pakistan of cricket | Charles II of Mecklembourg-Schwerin | Geyser|