This page relates to the year 1252 Calendrier Julien.
- May 7th: Departure of Constantinople of the embassy of the Fleming Rubruquis (Guillaume de Rubrouck), sent by Saint Louis to Karakorum near Möngke, large Khan of Mongolia in 1252 - 1254. It describes manners, the beliefs and the habits of the people of the East in a detailed report/ratio of its voyage. He apparently thinks of being established at the Mongolian for the évangéliser, and meets many Christians off-set in the Mongolian empire.
With died of Güyük, the khan of Djaghataï Yissu Mangu is relieved by Möngke to have supported the branch of Ögödei against its candidature. Kara Hülegü finds the capacity, but he dies the same year. Is its widow Orghana Katun who directs the Khanat de Djaghataï until in 1261. It makes carry out Yissu Mangu.
Kubilai Khan conducts a campaign against the empire independent of Dali, located in the area of the Yunnan, in China. The country is conquered in 1253. Kubilai leaves the dynasty thaïe on the throne, after having subjected it to the tribute, and leaves Mongolian governors to control it. It charges Ouriyang-daï with extending the authority of the Mongols on the people Tibetans close to Yunnan. The Tibet is annexed in 1256.
The Middle East
- February 11th: Ottokar Přemysl of Bohemia Marguerite wife (it is 18 years old more than him), widow of Frederic the Quarreller and heiress of the Styrie.
- May 15th: The pope Innocent IV authorizes the Inquisition to be resorted to the Torture against the heretics by the bubble AD exstirpanda .
- May 30th: Beginning of the reign of Alphonse X Wise the, king de Castille (until in 1284).
- June 29th: Beginning of the reign of Christophe Ier of Denmark (fine in 1259). He fights against the Danish bishops who throw the interdict on the kingdom.
the Portugal is the first European State to have reached its current borders. It will be a long time only.
- the secular Masters of the Université of Paris start their fight against the orders beggars.
- the town of Stockholm is founded in Sweden.
- Mindaugas becomes large-duke of Lithuania (fine in 1263).
- the teutonic Chevaliers found Klaipėda (Memel) with the mouth of the Niémen.
- Alexandre Iaroslavitch “Nevski” becomes large-prince de Vladimir (fine in 1263)
- Unification of the Russia by Alexandre Nevski under the control of the Mongolian Khan S of the Horde of Gold.
- Khan of the Horde of Gold converts with the Islam.
Art & culture
- Beginning of the teaching of Thomas d' Aquin with Paris (until in 1259 and 1269 - 1272).
- Installation of large the Buddha out of bronze of Kamakura to the Japan.
Alphonse Wise the is a humanistic king before the hour, which will have the initiative of various work the such Tables alphonsines in Astronomie, the translation of the Coran and of the Cabale… It is helped in its research by scientists Juifs (Abulafia, Ben Sid, Wakkar, Samuel and Abraham Shoshan, “Gift Çag” of Maleha, Itzhak ibn Sadoq).
Economy & company
the countess of Flanders grants privileges to the merchants.
- Foundation of a counter of the Hanse to Bruges. The union Lübeck - Hamburg is reinforced when advantageous commercial treaties are signed with the Flanders. Bruges takes a considerable importance in the development of Hanse.
- Striking of the first Guilder of Gold to Florence, currency which will be accepted in all the Europe.
- Striking of the Genovino to Genoa, which weighs like the guilder 3,53 G of gold.
Births in 1252
Death in 1252
- May 30th: Ferdinand III of Castille, king de Castille and León (° 1199).
- June 29th: Abel of Denmark
- November 27th: Died of the regent White of Castille, in the absence of his/her son Louis IX always in Palestine.
Be-X-old: 1252 Map-bms: 1252 Simple: 1252
|Random links:||Dextrogyre | Ford-in Hossus | Toyota AC | The Promise (film, 1996) | Province of the Center (Sri Lanka) | Giuseppe_Peano|