This page relates to the year 1251 Calendrier Julien.
- Möngke, brother of Hülegü and Kubilai Khan, is elected 4th supreme Khan Mongolian.
- Kubilai Khan, brother of Möngke is named governor of the Henan, in China. It restores agriculture in this province.
The Middle East
- Beginning of the conquest of the Persian by Hülegü (Houlagou Khan), wire of Tolui and grandson of Gengis Khan (until in 1265).
- Easter: Under pretext of go to release Saint Louis bands of plundering peasants are constituted, it is the Croisade of Pastoureaux.
- the Florentin Giovanni de Médicis overcomes the Lombards.
- Foundation of Stockholm by Birger Jarl. The city, practically impregnable, protects the area from the Lac Mälar, richest of Sweden at the time, of the raids of the pirates caréliens.
Art & culture
- Constructions of several madrasas with Konya in Anatolia.
- Tripitaka Koreana , complete gun of Buddhism engraved on wood plates, in China.
Science & technology
- After having completed its studies with the University of Paris, Roger Bacon enters the order of the Franciscain S and is established with Oxford. It continues theoretical studies and experimental research (Alchimie, Optique, Astronomie).
Economy & company
- Birger Jarl calls upon merchants and German craftsmen with Stockholm. The rise of the city is accelerated by the exploitation of the copper mines of Falun starting from 1280.
Births in 1251
Death in 1251
Beats-smg: 1251 Be-X-old: 1251 Map-bms: 1251
|Random links:||Vein | Coryza | Coralie | Kelly Rowan | Mostra of Venice 2006 | Genièvre_et_tonique|