This page relates to the year 1246 Calendrier Julien.
- Güyük, wire of Ögödei and grandson of Gengis Khan, is elected 3rd supreme Khan Mongolian, after the regency of his/her mother Töregene.
- Güyük designates his/her personal friend Yissu Mangu, wire puîné of Djaghataï, which replaces its nephew Kara Hülegü like khan of Djaghataï (fine in 1252).
The Middle East
- Under the reigns of Güyük and Mongke, the governor of the Khorasan Arghun Agha repeals the frankness from the Mongolian lords, that they were for the majority given them-even, and prohibits the arbitrary lifting of tributes. Following the example Transoxiane, it introduces a single tribute proportional to the income of the tributary. Contrary for the benefits irregular coming from plundering, the new tribute contributes to the recovery and the slow but real development of the economy, and is enough with maintains the army and the services relay.
January 31st: Marriage between Beatrice of Provence, countess of Provence and Charles Ier of Anjou, the brother of Louis IX. By this marriage with the girl of Raymond-Berenger IV of Provence, Charles becomes Count de Provence (until in 1285), and makes a stay with Nice.
- May 22nd: Henri Raspe is elected king de Germanie by the Rhenish prelates in competition with Conrad IV.
- June 15th: Died of Frederic the Quarreller, duke of Austria and Styrie, the last of the Babenberg, at the time of a combat against the Bohemia. It leaves the country without heir, in prey with the feudal ones. Austria is disputed between Ottokar II of Bohemia, husband of the sister of Frederic (1252) and heir to the throne of Bavaria, and the Hungary (fine in 1254).
- August 5th: With the Battle of Nidda, Conrad IV, wire of Frederic II, is beaten by the Landgrave of Thuringe, Henri Raspe elected king by the Rhenish prelates.
- September 30th: Andre II, wire of Iaroslav, becomes large-prince of Vladimir (fine in 1252).
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- the Arab city of Grenade recognizes the sovereignty of the Castille.
- Castilian and Léonais take Jaén.
- Ferdinand III of Castille takes Carthagène.
- Treated Fibula: the Comté of Hainaut is allotted to the Maison of Avesnes (confirmed the September 22nd 1256).
- Lawsuit of heretics with Toulouse.
- Louis IX rents sixteen boats with Genoa and twenty with Marseilles to ensure the passage of the crusade. The fleet is ordered by an admiral génois.
- Taken again coining of Gold to Lucques.
Art & culture
the English Alexandre of Haul develops the doctrines Scolastique in her Summa Theologicæ .
- the Parisian workshop of the stained glass solves the problem of obviously wall to the profit of an immense canopy.
- Restoration of the workshop of Illumination of Blachernes with Constantinople.
Births in 1246
Death in 1246
- September 2nd: Raoul de Lusignan, count of Guines. (° v. 1214).
- September 30th: Iaroslav II Vladimirski
- October 18th or October 22nd: Mieszko II Obese the
nonwell informed or unknown Dates
- Cardinal Peire.
Be-X-old: 1246 Map-bms: 1246
|Random links:||Bumerang | Xerox | Aulnois-in-Perthois | Latina (Italy) | Asphalt-tanker | Northern Light | Université_de_Genève|