This page relates to the year 1236 Calendrier Julien.
- the Berber dynasty of the Hafsides goes independent to Tunis. According to Génois which trades with them, Hafsides are Masters of a territory extending from Tripoli de Barbarie to the Western borders of Béjaoua.
April: With its death, Iltutmish leaves the Sultanat of Delhi to his/her daughter Raziyya (fine in 1240). The court names nevertheless his/her brother Rukn-ud-DIN Firuz, incompetent, who reigns nearly seven months under the direction of his mother Shah Turkhan. The sultanate sinks in the disorder. The noble ones end up imprisoning the queen mother and her son. Raziyya is pointed out. She reigns during three years and half during which she tries to modify the institutions.
The Middle East
- the Mongolian invade the Georgia again and seize Tiflis. Roussadane, queen of Georgia, must transfer its seat to Koutaïssi.
- Beginning of the reign of Alexandre Iaroslavitch “Nevski” (1220 - 1263), Large duke of Novgorod and large prince of Vladimir (fine in 1251).
- Mongolian Forwardings of Batu qan in Europe (fine in 1242). The Bulgarianones are destroyed.
- the army of Batu, 150.000 Mongols and Turks directed by Subotaï, walk towards the Occident. Many a Gengiskhanides takes part in the operation: Güyük and Kadan, wire of Ögödei, Qaïdu, its grandson, Mongke, wire of Tolouï, Baïdar, wire of Djaghataï and its grandson Buri, brothers of Batu: Orda, Berké and Cheyban. The Bulgarian khanat of the Volga east subjected in autumn and Bolgar is burnt.
- the prince Lithuania N, Mindovg Mindaugas, succeeds in making the unit of the various Lithuanian tribes.
September 22nd: Battle of Sun Saulės Mūšis in Lithuanian, Willows kauja in Latvian: Victoire of the Lithuanians of Courlande and Samogitie to Schaulen (Willow) on the Carry-Swords, whose large Master Volkwin is killed - to see: Baltic Crusades . (,)
- Birger Jarl, adviser of the king of Sweden, delivers Lübeck besieged by the Danes.
- January 14th: Henri III of England wife Éléonore of Provence.
- June 10th: The council of Tours issues prohibition for the Christians to kill the Juifs, to beat them and steal their goods.
- June 29th: The Castillans under Ferdinand III take the Arab capital of Cordoue.
New revolt against Henri III of England.
- feudal Coalition against White of Castille.
- Fine of the White regency of of Castille and true beginning of the reign of Louis IX (or Saint-Louis).
- First countryside of the emperor Frederic II against the League lombarde.
Art & culture
- Completion of the frontage of the Cathedral of Amiens.
- Beginning of the construction of the Cathedral of Rheims.
- One starts the work of the sculptures of the Cathédrale of Rheims.
- Blanche of Castille founds the Abbaye of Maubuisson.
Births in 1236
Death in 1236
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Beats-smg: 1236 Be-X-old: 1236 Map-bms: 1236 Simple: 1236
|Random links:||Andre Guillaumin | Teresina (Piauí) | Iso el-Ayoubi | Log4perl | Carranzana | Couleur_de_Game_Boy|