This page relates to the year 1229 Calendrier Julien.
- Beginning of the reign of large the Khan Ogödeï, wire of Gengis Khan (until in 1241). He proclaims emperor of China under the name of Taizong.
- the Mongolian army of Ögödei, Tolouï and Subotaï invades the China Jin (fine in 1235). It is divided into two sections which will make their junction with the Henan in February 1232.
The Middle East
- February 18th: Frederic II sign the peace of Jaffa with the sultan Al-Malik Al-Kamil. It obtains the transfer of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth and their access roads in a kind of condominium, moreover transitory. A ten years, five months and forty days truce is signed between the Francs and the Moslems.
- March 18th: Frederic II is made crown king de Jérusalem. He takes itself the crown which the patriarch refuses to impose to him. The kingdom of Jerusalem east restores. Its attempt to impose its authority on the frank States lights the civil war.
- Al-Malik Al-Kamil besieges its nephew Year-Nasir Dâ' ûd with Damas. The city is taken in June. Year-Nasir settles in the fortress of Kerak, in the east of the Jordan, from where it will carry out resistance.
- Mars, Fatty Tuesday: Burden with the Université of Paris. Voluntary exile of the Masters and the pupils (end in 1231).
- April 12th: Treaty of Meaux-Paris between Saint Louis and Raymond VII count de Toulouse yielding most of the fine Languedoc to the France and putting at the Albigensian conflict. Alphonse of Poitiers, wire of Louis VIII, will marry Jeanne, girl of Raymond VII.
- April 23rd: Alphonse IX of León takes Cáceres and reconquers the Estrémadure.
- September 12th: Jacques Ier d' Aragon takes Majorque with the Moors (until in 1235).
- the pope Gregoire IX invades the Sicily during the crusade of Frederic II with an army financed by a tax on the incomes of the clergy and the remainder of the ten-per-cent taxes of the Albigensian crusade. The pope promises to the combatants the remission sins, but not the full indulgence of crusade.
- Council of Toulouse: end of the war against the Albigensians, repression of the heresy by the episcopal enquiry, foundation of the University of Toulouse.
- the Roman curia divides the Livonie in three fields, between the bishop of Rīga, the Chevaliers carry-swords and the king of Denmark. The Danes are beaten the following year by the feudal ones of Germany of North and the order annexes the territory which was intended to them.
- Foundation of Turku, future capital of the Finland
Art & culture
Foundation of the University of Toulouse under the impulse of papacy to fight against the heresy.
- Foundation of the University of Cambridge by defectors of Oxford.
- Querelle enters the Juifs of Provence in connection with the supposed heresies of the Guide of stray the of Maïmonide, influenced by the thought of Aristote (fine in 1232).
- Rise of the potteries of Seto, with the Japan.
Births in 1229
Death in 1229
Be-X-old: 1229 Map-bms: 1229 Simple: 1229
|Random links:||SciTE | List deputies of Haute-Savoie | Hypsiprymnodon moschatus | Province of General Will square | List players and football players Japanese | Gametophyte|