This page relates to the year 1228 Calendrier Julien.
- the installation of the Hafsides in Ifriqiya breaks definitively the unit of the the Maghreb (fine in 1574).
- has Tunis, the governor of the Ifriqiya, Hafside Abu Zakariya Yahya, wire of Hafç Al-hintati, is declared independent of the Almohades (fine in 1249).
- Prosperity of the kingdom hafside under the reigns of Abu Zakariya and his/her son Al-Mustansir. The gold of the Mali ends in Tunis, where come to trade of Génois, Pisans and the Venetian ones. The Andalusian emigrants contribute to the enrichment and the embellishment of the city.
- Ögödei becomes the supreme second Khan Mongolian (fine in 1241).
- the Quriltay meets on the Kerulen to elect new large the khan. Ögödei is indicated, in accordance with the wills of Gengis Khan. It installs its capital with Karakorum, on the Orkhon.
- During the reign of Ögödei, feudalization makes sharp great strides as well in Mongolia as on the conquered territories, where the Mongolian chiefs succeed the local lords who become their vassal.
The Middle East
- the shah of the Khwarezm Djala AD-DIN is Master of Iruk, of the Kerman, the Fars, Ispahan and Tabriz. He undertakes a war against the close Moslem countries (caliphate of Baghdad, sultanate of Rum, etc).
Civil war enters the applicants to the throne of Saladin.
- Frederic II joined the crusade in spring. It unloads with Acre with only three thousand men in September. Already, it had entered into negotiation with the sultan of Egypt Al-Kamel, which is threatened by the Ayyoubides of Syria, united and supported by the Khwarezm iens. With its arrived, the situation changed: the sultan of Damas having died, Al-Kamel can share his possessions with his brother come from Djézireh, which keeps Damas and the Palestine leaves him.
- May 5th: Ladislas III with the Legs Hails is elected duke of Cracow to the duke of Cracow with Wiślica.
- Tender of Raymond VII of Toulouse to Louis IX like with the White queen-mother of Castille.
- Jacques Ier d' Aragon undertakes the reconquest of the Balearic Islands.
- the peasants clippings refuse drudgeries and taxes.
- Foundation of Wismar on the Baltic by the Germans.
- Venice creates the Fondato dei Tedeschi to accommodate the German merchants.
- Beginning of the reign of Baudouin II of Courtenay (1217 - 1273), Latin emperor of Constantinople (fine in 1261). Supervision of Jean de Brienne on the Latin empire (fine in 1237).
- Geoffroi II of Villehardouin becomes prince de Morée (fine in 1245). It practices a policy of Western colonization which reinforces its power. Solids fortifications reinforce the safety of the principality against the unsubdued mountain dwellers of Laconie.
Art & culture
- April 4th: University of Verceil rested by students of Bologna in conflict with the communal supervision.
Construction of the church of the Jacobins to Toulouse.
- the pope prohibits the teaching of Aristote to the Université of Paris.
- the Dominicain Albert Large the is successively reader with Cologne, Hildesheim (1233), Freiburg-in-Brisgau, Ratisbon, Strasbourg. It goes to Paris in 1240 to take its ranks there.
- Comment on the six day old work (1228 - 1235), Comment of the Second Analytical (?), Comment on the Physics of Aristote (?) of Robert Grosseteste.
Births in 1228
Death in 1228
- December 16th: Beatrice d' Albon, dauphine of the Viennese, countess of Albon and Grenoble.
nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Tchou-Hi, Philosopher and historian Chinese.
Be-X-old: 1228 Map-bms: 1228 Simple: 1228
|Random links:||Canton of Caudebec-in-Caux | Sappada | Kenneth MacLeod | François Fontan | Shingo Murakami | Glasnost|