This page relates to the year 1223 Calendrier Julien.
- Gengis Khan holds a Quriltay in the area of Tachkent, where it organizes the conquered territories. He spends the summer 1223 in the valleys of the Tchou and the Talas.
- In China, the Mongolian of Moukhali, at the end of a seven year old war (1217 -1223), ends up pushing back the imperial troops and reduces the empire of the Djürchet to the territory of Ho Nan.
- Mars: Mirepoix is released and Guy Ier de Lévis must gain Carcassonne.
- April 8th: The king d' Angleterre Henri III enacts a Charte prescribing with the inhabitants of La Rochelle to establish a port in the west of the city and to strengthen it, and orders to them to begin work.
- May: Truce between Raymond VII of Toulouse and Amaury VI of Montfort.
- May 6th: Victoire of the Germans on the Danes. Valdemar II of Denmark is removed by the German princes during a shooting party and will be released only against one strong ransom in 1227.
- July 14th: Louis VIII the Lion becomes king de France with died of his/her father.
- July 29th: A joined together assembly with Bergen definitively confirms the hereditary right to the throne of Haakon IV Haakonsson, king of Norway (fine of reign in 1263).
- August 6th: Louis VIII is crowned with Rheims. It subjects and attaches the totality of the Poitou and of the Saintonge to the Royaume of France but must take into account the revolt of the lords of the Languedoc who revolt.
- November 29th: The pope Honorius III approves the Règle Ordre of the minor brothers.
- Council of Paris.
- Zierikzee, in Holland, obtains the established among.
- the Germanic Roman Emperor Frederic II takes the Cross: beginning of the Sixth crusade.
- Pierre Ier of Brittany makes build the castles of Saint-Aubin-of-Cormier the and the Gâvre.
- May 31st: The princes of Galitch, of Kiev, Tchernikov and Smolensk, combined with the Kiptchak, meet the Mongolian with the mouth of the Kalka in the north of the sea of Azov. The Mongols pretend to beat a retreat and after having exhausted them by a long continuation, are turned over against the disorganized Russians and crush them. The prince of Kiev, which did not partipé with the engagements, pack still a few days then must himself deposit the weapons under acceptable conditions. The Mongols do not respect them and massacre its men until the last.
- the Mongols devastate the counters génois Soldaïa in the Crimea, then pranchissent the the Volga. They are presented in front of Bolghar where they are pushed back. After an incursion among Turks Kangli of the the Ural, Djebe and Subutay join large Mongolian troops in the north of the Caspienne.
- Djebe and Subutay does not exploit their victories, being satisfied to hold to ransom the cities taken. Their objective and to collect information on the countries located at the west for a future campaign.
Art & culture
- Semeiança del Mundo , the first geographical work in peninsular Romance language.
- Albert Large the, student with Padoue in 1223, is impassioned for the ideals about the Dominicain S founded ten years earlier.
- the king of Norway Haakon IV makes compose of the sagas inspired of the chansons de geste of France and Germany ( Chanson of Roland , Saga de Charlemagne , Saga d' Ivain …).
- Arrived of the Dominican S in Greece.
Births in 1223
Death in 1223
- March 8th: Vincent Kadlubek
- March 25th: Alphonse II the Large.
- July 14th: Philippe Auguste, king de France.
Be-X-old: 1223 Map-bms: 1223
|Random links:||Chemilly-on-Yonne | Number of Stoneham | Schmalenthal | Zapper (apparatus) | Mekhenty-Irty | Province_de_Grosseto|