This page relates to the year 1218 Calendrier Julien.
- Died of Naré Maghann Konaté. Beginning of the reign of Dankaran Toumani Keïta, king of the Mali (fine in 1230).
- Gengis Khan leaves the conquest of the China in Moukhali, one of its lieutenants with 23.000 men and share towards the west. The emperor Jin counter-attack and takes again the lost territories, except for Beijing.
- Djebe, general of Gengis Khan, with 20.000 men, takes possession of the Kara Khitaï (Turkish Muslim population of the empire being revolted to its approach while being given to him). The sovereign of the country Kütchlüg flees without fighting battle then is joined by Djebe in the Pamir where it finds death. The Mongolian troops, contrary to their practices, save the cities and the population of Kara Khitaï in which they see potential allies for the conquest of the Khârezm.
- a caravan of Moslem merchants (450 men and 500 camels surroundings) come from Mongolia is stopped and put at evil with Otrar, at the borders of the Khârezm. Gengis Khan request repair with Muhammad Shah which refuses.
The Middle East
- the Hungarian crusaders set out again. Those which remain in Palestine raise Césarée and build with the foot of the Carmel the fortress of Château Pilgrim. In spring, on arrival of the Clippings and the Rhenish ones, they decide to attack Damiette, hoping to weaken the Egyptians and to take again Jerusalem easily.
- Offensive of the Fifth crusade against the Egypt.
- May 24th: The Crusaders leave Acre.
- June: Tens of thousands of crusaders put the seat in front of Damiette.
- August 25th: Catch of the citadel of Damiette.
- Died of Al-Adel. Malik Al-Kamel (1180-1238) becomes sultan ayyubide of Egypt and Syria.
- With the autumn, besieging them is reinforced by crusaders Italian, Spanish, English and French. The sultan Al-Kamel then proposes in exchange of the lifting of the seat to return to Latin the old kingdom of Jerusalem, except the Transjordanie, and to even raise the fortified towns of them with his expenses. The opposition of the legate Pélage, who claims to direct the crusade, prevents the king of Jerusalem Jean de Brienne from accepting the treaty.
- February 2nd: Beginning of the reign of Georges II (Youri Vsevolodovitch), large-prince of Vladimir - Souzdal (fine in 1238).
- June 25th: Simon IV of Montfort is killed at the time of the seat of Toulouse which it tries to take again with Raymond VII of Toulouse by a launched stone of the ramparts of the city (by a woman?).
- Savari de Mauléon, prince de Talmont, founds the port of the Sand-with Olonne.
- Beginning of the reign of Jean III Asen II, Tsar of Bulgaria (fine in 1241). The Second Bulgarian Empire knows its larger extensions.
- Beginning of the reign of Barnut, prince of Rügen (fine in 1221).
- Revolt of the nobility in Hungary.
- Peace between Genoa and Venice. An agreement returns in Génois the commercial concessions which they had before the bag of Constantinople.
- Mathieu II of Montmorency wife Emma of Laval
Art & culture
- Foundation of the University of Salamanque by Alphonse IX, king of León, which issues it royal university. It will be reorganized in 1254 by Alphonse X, king de León and of Castille.
Births in 1218
- October 30th: Chukyo, 85e Emperor of Japan († June 18th 1234)
Death in 1218
- April 22nd: Thibaut VI of Blois, count de Blois and of Clermont.
- June 25th: Simon IV of Montfort, cut down by the jet of a stone quarry in front of Toulouse.
- August 26th: Guillaume of Chartres 14th Large Master of the Templiers.
- August: Al-Adel, sultan ayyubide.
- September 11th: Pierre Giraud, bishop of Saint-Malo of 1184 at 1218.
- December 29th: Robert II of Dreux, known as “ the Young person ”, count de Dreux, wire of Robert Ier de Dreux, count de Dreux, and of Agnes de Beaudement, grandson of the king Louis VI, known as '' the Large ''.
Be-X-old: 1218 Map-bms: 1218 Simple: 1218
|Random links:||Lestoros | Romance Juan Riquelme | Marc Bernard | Useful (album) | Komorane (Kruševac) | Grindcore|