This page relates to the year 1216 Calendrier Julien.
- June 11th: Died of Henri Ier of Constantinople. Beginning of the reign of Pierre II of Courtenay (v. 1167 - 1219) Latin emperor of Constantinople (fine in 1217).
- Beginning of the reign of Constantin Vladimirski, large-prince of Vladimir. Supported by Mstislav Mstislavitch “the Bold one” and the Novgorod iens, it gains a decisive victory over his brothers at the edge of Lipitsa (Poland) and takes the title of large-prince (fine in 1218).
- the crown prince to the throne of France, Louis the Lion (future Louis VIII), unloads in England, in the Kent, and essuie a defeat with Lincoln (May 20th 1217).
- the son of Raymond VI of Toulouse, the future Raymond VII, unloads with Marseilles and besieges Beaucaire. Simon IV of Montfort goes ahead of of him. Toulouse benefits from it to revolt.
- July 16th: With died of Innocent III, the Emperor tries to extend his influence on most of the Italian peninsula.
- July 24th: Beginning of the Pontificate of Honorius III (fine in 1227).
- the Pape Honorius III calls with the Fifth crusade.
- August 24th: Catch of Beaucaire by Raymond VI of Toulouse.
- October 18th: The death of Jean without Ground saves the dynasty.
- October 28th: Beginning of the reign of Henri III of England (fine in 1272). Regency of Guillaume the Marshal (fine in 1219).
- the first Parlement meets in Westminster with London.
- Establishment of the Order franciscain with the Portugal.
- the principle of primogeniture east establishes for the succession in Bohemia.
Art & culture
- Dominique de Guzmán founds the order of the Dominican , which is recognized by the Pape. The goal of this kind, like besides of that of the franciscains, is to carry the divine word in the middle of the cities, places of depravity, conceived like grounds of mission, slicing in that with the traditional monachism, with the variation of the urban world (i.e. very short world). Their respect of poverty and frugality will be worth to them the nickname of “orders beggars”.
Births in 1216
- Robert Ier d' Artois, count d' Artois of 1237 with 1250
Death in 1216
- June 11th: Henri Ier of Constantinople.
- June 16th: Innocent III
- October 18th: Jean of England (Jean without ground) king d' Angleterre (° 1166).
Be-X-old: 1216 Map-bms: 1216 Simple: 1216
|Random links:||1530s | Peugeot 406 | Sylvie Testelin | Yvon Taillandier | Nardo di Cione | Gallery of France | George,_Margrave_de_Brandebourg-Ansbach|