This page relates to the year 1212 Calendrier Julien.
- the prince Khitan Ye-read Liou-KB revolts against the Djürchet in the south-west of the Mandchourie in the area of the Liao Ho. In front of their numerical superiority, he asks for the assistance of Gengis Khan which sends its lieutenant Djebe to him. Ye-read Liou-KB succeeds in finding its independence and restoring the empire of Khitan in its area of origin around Liao Yang until its death in 1220, while remaining vassal of Gengis Khan.
The Middle East
- Jean de Brienne becomes regent of the Royaume of Jerusalem for his/her daughter Isabelle II of Jerusalem with died of Marie de Montferrat (fine in 1225).
- July: Jean de Brienne, king de Jérusalem, renews the truce with the sultan for five years. He however does not cease sending messengers to the pope so that an offensive can be launched as of the summer 1217.
- Three thousand Frank merchants with Alexandria.
- Year Naçir, after its defeat in Spain, returns to Fès and transmits the capacity to his/her son Yusuf Al-Mustansir (fine in 1222).
- In Africa, the empire almohade disintegrates in several rival states whose fights make fall down the the Maghreb in anarchy.
- July 16th: The Christian kingdoms of Spain, the Castille, the Aragon and the Navarre, gain a major victory over the Arabs Almohades with the Bataille of Mow Navas de Tolosa . It is the end of Arab supremacy in the Iberian peninsula. Al-Andalus, the Moslem Spain, is reduced quickly to only the emirate of Grenade.
- Strong dryness.
- Simon IV of Montfort takes again with a certain number of cities of the Albigensian and Quercy which had revolted against the occupation of the Croisés.
- Victoire de Montfort on Raymond VI of Toulouse to Castelnaudary. Failure of crossed with Foix. Catch of Agen and massacres Moissac by the crusaders.
- Parliament of Pamiers against the heresy.
- Statutes of Pamiers, imposing the habits of Toulouse Paris in and Albigensian.
- Made (confiscation) of the county of Boulogne by the king of France.
Crusade of the children French and German which precedes the Fifth crusade itself (See Lateran IV). Thousands of young people, who follow Etienne de Cloyes and the young Nicolas German, flow to Marseilles. They are dispersed or sold like slaves in the Moslem countries of the the Maghreb.
Holy roman Empire
- Othon IV of Brunswick, in spite of its agreements with the pope, undertakes the conquest of the Sicily (1211). It is excommunicated and Innocent III opposes to him the son of Henri VI and Constance of Sicily, Frederic II, which reaches its majority.
- the popular party arrives at the capacity to Milan.
- 3 - May 7th: Henri Ier of the Brabant, benefitting from the absence of the nobility, ransacks Liege and the Hesbaye. Beginning of the war of the Principality of Liege against the Duchy of the Brabant (fine in 1214).
- September 26th: The gold bubble of the emperor Frederic II confirms the king of Bohemia Ottokar Ier in all its privileges: its monarchical throne, its right of nomination of the bishops and borders of his kingdom (duchy of Bohemia and margraviat of Moravie).
- December 5th: Frederic II is elected king de Germanie one second time.
- December 9th: Crowning of Frederic II.
April 12th: Died of Vsevolod III Vladimirski, prince of Vladimir. He indicates young person of his sons, Georges, to succeed to him. The elder one, Constantin, is opposed to the will of his/her father and engages a war against Georges.
Art & culture
- March 20th: Foundation about the “poor ladies” or Ordre of Clarisses by Claire de Favorino on the model of the Franciscain S. It writes an austere rule towards 1247 - 1252.
- François d' Assise, in pilgrimage with Compostelle founds the first convent of the minor brothers in Spain with Sangüesa, in Navarre.
- the festival of insane the is abolished by the council of Paris.
Births in 1212
Death in 1212
Be-X-old: 1212 Map-bms: 1212 Simple: 1212
|Random links:||County of King (Washington) | Golfo de Tailandia | Maurice Greene (athlete) | Rooms (Two-Sevres) | Jean-François Rault | Heinrich Gontermann | Gerolamo_Cardano|