This page relates to the year 1204 Calendrier Julien.
- Temüjin overcomes Ong-khan of the Kereit Toghril and its son Nilka-Sengum. The tribe of Kereit is integrated into the Mongolian tribes.
- Fall: Temüjin walk against the Naïmans at which took refuge its adversaries (Tayang, chief of the clan of Djadjirat, Djamuka and the Merkit Toktoa-beki). It overcomes them in the Altaï.
- the Ghurides seize Nadya, the capital of the dynasty Sena with the Bengal.
The Middle East
- Conflit enters the Ghurides and the Shah of the Khârezm for the possession of Harat.
- the diversion of the Fourth crusade on Constantinople deprives the Francs of Holy Land of the reinforcements which would have enabled them to try a new operation against Jerusalem. They are constrained to ask Al-Adel the renewal of the truce for six years.
- Retrocession of Jaffa by the Moslems.
- the town of Amsterdam is founded in Holland.
- Pierre II of Aragon convenes with Carcassonne a first contradictory conference between Catholique S and Hérétique S and a second between Catholique S and of Vaud.
- Strong dryness between February and April then canicular temperatures during the summer.
- February 10th: Ébrard II, bishop of Uzès, sign with its predecessor, the charter of foundation of the Chartreuse de Valbonne.
- March 6th: Catch of Castle-Strapping man by Philippe Auguste and Mathieu II of Montmorency.
- May 21st: Catch of Caen by Philippe Auguste.
- Guillaume Quarel is named Viscount of Caen by Philippe-Auguste after the rendering of the city
- June 1st: Capitulation of the town of Rouen which falls to the hands from the King de France. The Normandy enters the bosom of French monarchy.
- June 15th: Pierre II of Aragon wife Marie of Montpellier. He recognizes himself vassal of the pope. Montpellier passes to the house of Aragon (fine in 1349).
- 27 - January 28th: Alexis IV Angel, Byzantine Emperor, is imprisoned with his/her father Isaac II Angel in the night by Alexis V Doukas Murzuphle. Died of Isaac II Angel. Alexis V takes again the capacity.
- February 8th: Alexis IV Angel is strangled in its prison.
- Mars: Partitio Romanie . A treaty concluded between the doge Enrico Dandolo and the crusaders decides by advance the division of the Byzantine Empire.
- April 9th: Attack of crossed on Constantinople.
- April 12th: Alexis V flees in Thrace.
- April 13rd - April 15th: Bag of Constantinople by the Fourth crusade. The Byzantine Empire is divided: a quarter for the new emperor, three quarters for Venice and knights.
- Theodore Lascaris flees in minor Asia and founds the Empire of Nicée (Bithynie, Lydie, Phrygie, Archipel (fine in 1222).
- May 9th: Baudouin IX of Flanders is elected emperor of the East.
- May 16th: Foundation of the Latin Empire of the East. Baudoin Ier is crowned emperor.
- June 23rd: Dismemberment of the Empire:
- the French Morée.
- the Duchy of Athens to Othon of the Rock.
- the Kingdom of Thessalonique to Boniface de Montferrat.
- the Ionie with Venice.
- the Despotat d' Épire with Michel-Angel Comnène.
- December: Alexis V Doukas Murzuphle is carried out by Latin for regicide.
the Greek Empire of Trébizonde is founded by Alexis Comnène, small son of Andronic Ier Comnène taken refuge in Trébizonde.
- Venice founds a maritime empire in Crete, Messénie, Black Sea and seizes the island of Samothrace.
- the Black Sea is opened with the Western trade.
- Constantinople, plundered and burned, is deserted by its population which will return only in 1261.
- Kalojan of Bulgaria receives its crown of a legate of Innocent III. Bulgaria recognizes Roman supremacy.
- Decline of Kiev after the bag of Constantinople by the crusaders. Migration of part of the inhabitants of Kiev towards north. Novgorod, thus reinforced, becomes a principality with the flourishing trade turned towards the the Baltic, seat at the 13th century of a large counter of the Hanseatic League.
Births in 1204
- Cimabue, painter Tuscan
Death in 1204
- January: Isaac II Angel, associated Byzantine emperor.
- February 8th: Alexis IV, associated Byzantine emperor.
- April 1st: Aliénor of Aquitaine, queen of France then of England
- December 13rd: Maïmonide, Philosopher and Jewish doctor , with the Cairo.
|Random links:||White butterbur | News-grenade | Canton of Chârost | Richard Roundtree | François Pétis of the Cross | Gorge_ou_Glenda|