This page relates to the year 1194 Calendrier Julien.
- With the Kanem - Bornou, the dynasty téda is reversed by a Moslem dynasty originating in Kanem. Its founder takes the title of May and reign of 1194 with 1220.
- Floods in the north of the China.
- In India, the general ghuride Qutub AD-DIN Aïbak overcomes and kills the king of Bénarès and Kanauj Jaichand.
- the Moslems occupy the Bihâr, giving the blow of thanks to the Buddhist communities.
The Middle East
- Tughrul III ibn Arslan is overcome and killed meadows of Rey in the war which it imprudently started vis-a-vis the Shahs of the Khârezm. The Sultanate Saljûqide of Perse disappears.
- Beginning of the reign of Amaury II of Lusignan, king de Chypre with died of Guy de Lusignan (fine in 1205).
Mars: The king Richard Heart-of-Lion is slackened after payment of a ransom and service of the homage for England to the emperor. He reconciles himself with his brother Jean without Ground against the king of France, entrusts the kingdom to a regent, Hubert Walter, archbishop of Canterbury, and carries out the fight against Philippe Auguste (fine in 1199).
- May 5th: Lech the White becomes duke of Poland.
- June 27th: Beginning of the reign of Sanche VII the Fort, king of Navarre (fine in 1234).
- July 3rd: Richard Lion-hearted crushes Philippe Auguste with the Bataille of Fréteval and reconquers its strongholds in France. Philippe loses his treasure.
- November 5th: Synod of Compiegne: the bishops of the kingdom cancel the marriage of the king and Ingeburge of Denmark.
- November 20th: Catch of Palermo. The emperor Henri VI, helped by the fleets génoises and pisanes, seizes the Sicily after the death of Tancrède de Lecce. He seeks to extend his authority on all the peninsula and refuses with the the Holy See the oath of vassalage which lent the Norman kings.
- December 25th: Henri VI is crowned king de Sicile.
- First “Appraisal of the sergeants” in France.
- Common of Nevers, granted by the count Pierre de Courtenay.
- Léopold V of Babenberg founds Wiener Neustadt like bastion of defense against the Magyars.
- the regent Hubert Walter consolidates the system of recording of the judicial documents in England.
- Mathieu II of Montmorency († 1230) becomes Connétable of France.
Art & culture
- Fire of the Romance cathedral of Chartres then beginning of the construction of the Gothic cathedral of Chartres with the site of the old building.
Births in 1194
Death in 1194
- February 20th: Tancrède de Lecce.
- May 5th: Casimir II the Juste, duke of Poland.
- June 27th: Sanche VI of Navarre.
- December 31st: Léopold V of Babenberg, duke of Austria and Styrie (° 1157).
Tughrul III ibn Arslan, last Saljûqide sultan of Iran.
Be-X-old: 1194 Map-bms: 1194 Nds-nl: 1194 Simple: 1194
|Random links:||Masahiro Chono | Be Bop Deluxe | Bend gay | A brother | Bud Walton Arena | Militaires_du_Haïti|