This page relates to the year 1193 Calendrier Julien.
- Delhi is based by the Moslems on old a Hindou site.
The Middle East
- Takach, Chah of the Khârezm seizes the Khorasan.
- March 3rd: After the death of Saladin with Damas, the sultanate Ayyubide is divided into four branches: Egypt (1171 - 1250), Damas (1186 - 1260), Alep (1183 - 1260), Mésopotamie. Al-Malik Al-Adel, brother of Saladin will reunify the possessions ayyubides (fine in 1198). It will drive out its nephew Malik Al-Afdhal who tried to seize Egypt (1198).
- August 14th: Philippe Auguste wife Ingeburge, sister of Knut VI of Denmark, sealing anti-English alliance. He repudiates it as of the shortly after the marriage (he could not the déflorer) and Sorcellerie shows it. Ingeburge is put in a convent. Philippe Auguste will take it again in 1213.
- On the way of return of the Crusade, the king Richard lion-hearted is taken as an hostage by the duke of Austria, Léopold V of Babenberg (December 1192) and delivered to the emperor Henri VI.
- Jean without Ground, then regent of the kingdom of England, is stated vassal of the king of France in the hope to usurp the crown.
- Philippe Auguste benefits from the distance of Richard lion-hearted to seize the Fief S the Plantagenêt in France.
- the count of Flanders loses the Artois with the profit of Philippe Auguste.
- the order of Templiers buys grounds at the edge of the Var.
- First mention of a Mayor (mayor) known for the City of London, Henri fitz Ailwin.
Art & culture
- Qutub AD-DIN Aïbak makes build the large mosque Qwwat ul-Islâm with Delhi (fine in 1197). It uses elements of the existing monuments.
Births in 1193
Jean III Doukas Vatatzès, future Byzantine Emperor.
Death in 1193
- March 3rd: Saladin ( Salah Aldine Al-Ayyubi ) (° 1137)
Be-X-old: 1193 Map-bms: 1193 Nds-nl: 1193 Simple: 1193
|Random links:||Belfry | Las cenizas | Pilgrimage of Saint-Jacques-of-Compostelle | Dany-Robert Dufour | The Bunker | Eugene-Louis Lequesne | Relations_internationales_de_Haïti|