This page relates to the year 1189 Calendrier Julien.
Holy roman Empire
May 11th: The emperor Frederic Barberousse leaves Ratisbon for the third crusade. He takes the road with 100.000 men, according to some, and at least 20.000 knights. In spite of the preliminary negotiations, it runs up against the Byzantine empire. It takes Philippopolis, Andrinople and goes on Constantinople. Under the pressure, Isaac II Angel must sign peace and ensure the passage of the army in Asia.
- November 18th: Died of the Norman king of Sicily Guillaume II without heirs male. The Empereur inherits the Norman kingdom of Sicily.
- Henri the Lion in vain tries to take again its duchies (1189 - 1190).
- Of the Danes and the Norwegians takes part in the third crusade.
- Treated between the traders German and gutnic of Visby with the prince Iaroslav of Novgorod.
- July 4th: Treaty of Azay-the-Curtain.
- Philippe Auguste of France seizes the Berry.
- the Artois, brought in dowry by Isabelle de Hainaut, passes in the royal field.
- the clergy of France refuses the Dîme Saladin E imposed by the king for the Croisade.
- September 3rd: Beginning of the reign of Richard lion-hearted of England (fine in 1199). It is during its reign that the legend of Robin de Locksley is, known as Robin of Wood.
- Richard resells his suzerainty 10.000 marcs of gold to the king of Scotland Guillaume the Lion.
- Independence of the Eastern Morée.
the empire refuses the passage of the Third crusade (1189-1190). Isaac II Angel is combined with Saladin against which the crusade is directed. Frederic Barberousse is with two fingers to go on Constantinople but moves back at the last time.
- Venice obtains new commercial advantages.
The Middle East
- Saladin conquers the frank States, only resist Tyr, Tripoli and Antioche.
- Beginning of the Third crusade, ordered by the Pope Gregoire VIII, organized by Frederic Barberousse, Richard Lion-hearted and Philippe Auguste (fine in 1192).
- August: Guy de Lusignan, disavowing its word, begins the seat of Acre with the assistance of quotas Danish, clippings, Saxon and Flemish, French and English knights.
- In October, Saladin learns the arrival close to Constantinople from the emperor to Germany Frederic Barberousse, with 200 to 260.000 men. Saladin calls all the Moslems with the Jihad.
- Estrangement between Richard Lion-hearted and Philippe Auguste.
- Reign of My-your-kou, emperor Djürchet of the Jin (fine in 1208).
- June 15th: In the Japan, Minamoto No Yoshitsune dies in the Bataille of Koromogawa.
Art & culture
Births in 1189
Death in 1189
- June 13rd: Minamoto No Yoshitsune, with the Battle of Koromogawa, the Japan.
- July 6th: Henri II, king d' Angleterre.
- October 1st: Gerard de Ridefort, large-Master of the Order of the Temple, with the Head office of Midsummer's Day d' Acre.
Be-X-old: 1189 Map-bms: 1189 Nds-nl: 1189 Simple: 1189
|Random links:||1712 | Abeja | Epic Ranges | Bégon | CLU (language) | Soue (brook) | Université_de_maçon_de_George|