This page relates to the year 1185 Calendrier Julien.
- With the Japan:
- April 25th: The Bataille of DaN-No-ura, in the inland sea, is lost by Taira, which marks the end of the Guerre of Gempei. The winner Minamoto No Yoritomo is made name Shogun and established his general headquarter (Bakufu) with Kamakura. Creation of an administration (bakufu of Kamakura) and of a government parallel with those of the emperor by Yoritomo, chief of the Minamoto clan.
- Beginning of the Period Kamakura with the Japan (fine in 1333).
The Middle East
- Taken Mosul.
- March 16th: Beginning of the reign of Baudouin V, king of Jerusalem (fine in 1186).
- Baudouin IV of Jerusalem dies of leprosy, at the 24 years age. It leaves the throne to its nephew, Baudouin V, a six year old child, and regency with the count Raymond III of Tripoli, which hastens to send emissary to Damas to require a truce, in order to consolidate its capacity. Saladin grants a four years to him truce.
- December 6th: Beginning of the reign of Sanche Ier of Portugal Povoador (the Colonizer), king of the Portugal (fine in 1211). It calls upon German or English emigrants to emphasize the agriculture of Portugal.
- July: Treaty of Broves. Philippe Auguste of France annexes the Amiénois and the Vermandois.
- About 1185, to supervise the management of the provosts, Philippe Auguste load of familiar of a temporary mission of investigation (baillifs at the 13th century).
- the companions of the prince Jean, wire of the king Henri II of England, acquire strongholds in Ireland.
- Henri II Plantagenêt collection a dîme whose product is sent out of Holy Land.
- November 25th. Beginning of the Pontificate of Urbain III (devoted on February 1st, end in 1187).
- the archbishop of Milan Uberto Crivelli succeeds Lucius on the papal throne with Vérone, which it leaves for Ferrare then runs up against the son of Frederic Barberousse which devastates the States of the Church.
- Second League lombarde.
- June 11th: Of their Metz-native base of , in Sicily, the Normands launch a victorious forwarding in the Balkans, with Salonique.
- June 24th: Guillaume II of Sicily unloads in Albania and takes Durazzo.
- August 6th: The army Norman goes on the Thessalonique that its fleet besieges of any share the August 15th.
- August 24th: Thessalonique is taken by the Norman ones. Massacres and plunderings. The Norman ones go on Constantinople.
- September 11th: Isaac Ange reverses Andronic Ier Comnène, which is massacred by crowd, at the time of serious external dangers. Beginning of the first reign of Isaac II, Byzantine Emperor (fine in 1195).
- Beaten in November by Isaac II, the Norman ones keep the islands of Zante and Céphalonie.
- Revolt of Bulgarian, Serb and the crushed Wallachians of taxes by Isaac II (1185 - 1187). Severe defeats of the Byzantines.
- unhappy Countryside of the prince Igor Sviatoslav of Novgorod - Severski against the Polovtses.
Art & culture
Births in 1185
April 23rd: Alphonse II third king de Portugal
Death in 1185
- December 6th: Alphonse Ier of Portugal.
- Andronic Ier Comnène, Byzantine Emperor, massacred by unchained crowd.
- Bhāskara II: Mathematician and Indian Astronomer (birth 1114)
- Ibn Tufayl, philosopher and Arab doctor, author of the Alive son of vigilant the .
Be-X-old: 1185 Map-bms: 1185 Nds-nl: 1185 Simple: 1185
|Random links:||Hydropteridales | Perpignan | Henri Helloco | Bauche | Saint-Romain-the-noble | Percy Daggs III | La_politique_du_Honduras|