This page relates to the year 1183 Calendrier Julien.
- August 20th: Beginning of the reign of the emperor of Japan Go-Toba (後鳥羽院) (1180 - 1239) (fine in 1198).
- Continuation of the War of Gempei:
- Minamoto No Yoshinaka attacks the Taira on several occasions, initially at the time of the Siège of Hiuchi in April - May, then with the Bataille of Kurikara the June 2nd, before taking the capital Kyōto the August 28th, them Taira being itself flee with the emperor Antoku the 25. Excesses which its troops will make there will cause its fall the following year. It continues to them Taira in their escape, the leaf during the summer with Shinohara before its forces are overcome with the Bataille of Mizushima the November 17th.
- During this time, its ally Kanehira Imai takes a Taira fortress at the time of the Siège of Fukuryūji.
- Minamoto No Yukiie, wanting to be avenged for the defeat of Mizushima, boxes a new defeat with the Bataille of Muroyama.
The Middle East
- June 18th: Saladin seizes Alep and part of the Djézireh. The Syria unified is attached to the Egypt under the uncontested authority of the sovereign ayyubide.
- Renaud de Châtillon sends a squadron to plunder the coasts of the Hedjaz.
- Size striking the incomes of 2% and instituting a fouage in casaux rural Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- Strong dryness in France of spring at the end of the summer (the wells and the fountains are dry).
- July 11th: Louis Ier de Wittelsbach (1229 - 1294), duke of Bavaria.
- Countryside of Frederic Barberousse in Italy (1183 - 1186).
- the Paix of Constancy puts a term at the conflict between the Germanic emperor and the Ligue lombarde.
- November: Beginning of the reign of Andronic Ier Comnène, Byzantine Emperor (fine in 1185).
Art & culture
Births in 1183
Death in 1183
- October: Alexis II Comnène, Byzantine Emperor.
- Christian of Troyes, poet French.
Be-X-old: 1183 Map-bms: 1183 Simple: 1183
|Random links:||Equipo unificado | Island Grey waxbill | VfB Lübeck | The Rock-Mabile | Evobus | Bodysong (album)|