This page relates to the year 1181 Calendrier Julien.
- With the Japan, the crisis of subsistence worsens in the West. The Taira arrive to large pains to raise troops (1181 - 1182). In the East, the wet summers support harvests and contribute to the success of the Minamoto.
- the Guerre of Gempei continues, and Taira No Tomomori twice beats Minamoto No Yukiie with Sunomata (April 25th) then with Yahagigawa, but falls ill and must give up continuing it.
- Beginning of the reign of Jayavarman VII, Khmer king of the Kampuchea (fine in 1218).
- Jayavarman VII releases Kampuchea of the Chams. Follower of Buddhism of the Mahayana, it multiplies the pious foundations and undertakes many wars (annexation of the Champa). After him, Kampuchea loses its conquests. Its brilliant civilization disappears. Buddhism of the Theravada triumph.
- March 16th: Henri II becomes count de Champagne.
- September 1st: Beginning of the Pontificate of Lucius III (fine in 1185).
- Failure of a Crusade against the reformers Cathares in the South of the France.
- Frederic Barberousse confiscates the Saxony with Henri the Lion. This one preserves only the Brunswick.
- the Western Poméranie becomes constituent part of the Empire.
- the Hungarian, after having begun again the Croatia and the Dalmatie, are combined with Serb Etienne Nemanja under the authority of which link Zéta and Rascie. Serb and Hungarian sow the ruin until Sofia (fine in 1183).
Art & culture
Construction of the Arab palate of the Alcázar of Seville.
- Chrétien of Troyes composes its Perceval or the Tale of Graal .
- Construction of a new capital with Angkor with for center an immense Buddhist temple, the Bayon.
Economy & company
- Of the German merchants is established in Russia with Novgorod.
- the Khmer king Jayavarman VII of the Kampuchea starts to build a network of hospital. It arranges the highway network with lodgings of stage.
Births in 1181
Death in 1181
- March 16th: Henri the Liberal, count of Champagne.
- June 29th: Vulgrin III Taillefer, count d' Angoulême.
- September 27th: Guichard, archbishop of Lyon.
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
Al-Malik, wire of Nur AD-DIN, perhaps poisoned, at the eighteen years age.
Be-X-old: 1181 Map-bms: 1181 Simple: 1181
|Random links:||Alain Marion | Maggi | Syndrome of Richter | Lit | Indo-European copula | Transport_au_Honduras|