This page relates to the year 1179 Calendrier Julien.
- the general ghuride Muhammad ibn Sam takes Multân to reduce the Ismaïliens Sind, Uch and Peshawar. The Sumras are constrained to be folded up on Thatta, which becomes their capital.
The Middle East
- Saladin makes a raid on Tyr.
- Treated between Saladin and the sultan saljûqide.
- Treated between Saladin and Byzance.
Victoire de Saladin on the crusaders with Merj Oyoum. The kingdom of Jerusalem loses the fortified town of the Gué of Jacob.
- the Royaume of Jerusalem is threatened, after the retreat of the Byzantines in Asia Mineure in north and by the raids terrestrial and maritime of the Ayyoubides in the south. The requests for help addressed to the Occident bring out of Holy Land a group of knight under Philippe of Flanders, crusader ineffective, eager especially to intervene in the quarrels around the capacity. The patriarch of Jerusalem and the large-Master of the Hospital bring back Europe only subsidies of the king of England.
- 5 - March 14th: ecumenical IIIe council of Lateran chaired by Alexandre III
- It tries to reabsorb the Schisme. Innocent III, antipape against Alexandre III, is made it lock up.
- It imposes the election of the Pape by the majority of two thirds of the college of the cardinals.
- the pope obliges all the Juifs to carry the yellow Rouelle.
- the Hérésie cathare is condemned.
- the council throws the anathema on the Mercenaire S (truck drivers).
- the pope prohibits the trade with the Moslems.
- the council threatens of excommunication those which will create new tolls or will increase the tariffs of old without authorization.
- November 1st: Crown Philippe Auguste with the All Saints' day. Louis VII is paralyzed.
- Treated of Cazola signed with Soria between Alphonse VII of Castille and Alphonse II of Aragon, the border in the south of Aragon is fixed on a line connecting Biar, Castalla, Jijona and Calpe. It starts again the reconquest in Spain.
the archbishop of Lund Absalon is undoubtedly victorious of the prince wende Bugislav of Poméranie which had tried to attack Rügen, at the instigation of the emperor Frederic Barberousse. The duke must recognize the supremacy of the Denmark on the Poméranie. The king of Denmark is entitled from now on “king of the Danes and Wendes”.
- Beginnings of work of the Naviglio Large , channel of almost 50 km intended for navigation and the irrigation, taking along water of the Tessin to Milan, completed in 1257 by the podestat Beno Gozzodini.
Art & culture
Births in 1179
Death in 1179
Be-X-old: 1179 Map-bms: 1179 Simple: 1179
|Random links:||Alfred Werner | Agabus fuscipennis | Jacurso | Championships of the world of judo 1965 | James Anderson (1739-1809) | Relations_internationales_du_Honduras|