This page relates to the year 1178 Calendrier Julien.
- Falls ill, Will conceal No Kiyomori control surface the empire of the Japan of its monastic retirement.
- Failure of Muhammad ibn Sam with the Gujerat (India).
The Middle East
- March 12th: The pope Alexandre III returns to Rome after 16 years of conflict.
- July 30th: Frederic Ier Barberousse is crowned king with Arles.
- Sverri becomes king of Norway.
- Sverri support on its military forces to give to the State more solid structures, reduced claims of the Church (it succeeds in being made crown solemnly with Bergen). The Eysteinn archbishop, then its Eíríkr successor try to promote an ecclesiastical right which ensures the clergy a more favorable legal position. But Sverri intends to maintain the right traditional. Eíríkr flees with the Denmark, causes revolt against Sverri and makes emerge from the applicants that one will oppose to Sverri (only king in 1202).
- the Icelandic bishop Thorlákr Rúnolfsson (1178 - 1193), formed with Paris, reform the convent of Thykkvabær, then undertakes to make reign Christian morals. Five years after its death, he will be canonized by the Althing.
Art & culture
- Jean de Salisbury develops humanistic ideas in the great school center of Chartres of which it is the bishop.
- Foundation with Milan of a Monastery of Cathares for the joint weaving of the Wool.
Science & technology
- June 18th: A meteoritic impact on the the Moon creates the crater which will bear the name of Giordano Bruno.
Births in 1178
- nonwell informed or unknown Dates :
- Gauthier de Coincy, monk Benedictine and Poet French, author of the Miracles of Nostre Rams . († 1236).
Death in 1178
Be-X-old: 1178 Map-bms: 1178 Simple: 1178
|Random links:||Gotique | Psychokinesis | Birgu | Daniel David Palmer | Steven Williams | Long pond | Route 351 (Quebec) | Hong_Kong|