This page relates to the year 1171 Calendrier Julien.
- Intervention of the king Louis VII of France in Burgundy with the call of the abbot of Cluny.
- the Juifs of Blois are shown to practice ritual murders. Trentetrois Juifs is burned on roughing-hew it (May 26th).
- Louis VII confirms the privileges of the “merchants of Water”, prohibiting any other person from bringing goods between the bridges of Paris and that of Mantes, unless sharing with the merchants of water Parisian half of the benefit. Those which will violate this rule will see confiscating the transported goods. This Hanse of the merchants of the Water of Paris, equipped with a provost and aldermen, will give rise to the Parisian municipality.
- January 1st: To died of the king of Leinster Dermot MacMurrough, the Ireland is subjected to Henri II of England which obliges the local leaders to recognize it as suzerain. Feudality Norman divides the country (Hugues de Lacy, Strongbow, Fitzgerald, Jean de Courcy).
- Dublin is captured by the Normands.
- Creation of the Large Council with Venice, made up patricians.
- the first Banque of Europe is founded with Venice and specializes in the operations of changes and of Crédit: it is the invention of the Capitalisme.
- Guerre enters the Byzantines and Venice (fine in 1175) untied by important concessions economic:
- Venice cannot accept the Byzantine domination in Dalmatie. The March 2nd, Manuel Ier Comnène makes stop all the Venetian nationals of Constantinople and confiscate all their goods, loss enormous for Venice estimated in 1180 at 400 000 hyperpères. Venice, private of most of the capital and of the goods which was to be used to maintain its Eastern trade, is forced to reconvert this trade towards Raising Latin and Islamic where it is in position of weakness compared to its rivals Pisa and Genoa.
- But Manual can count neither on the Pape, nor on Genoa and Pisa which treated with Venice in 1169 - 1170.
- a fleet of 120 Venetian buildings leaves the lagoon to tackle the Byzantine empire; it is a disaster, an epidemic of plague decimates the crews.
- January 20th: To died of Gleb Ier, André Ier Bogolioubski gives Kiev to the Rostislavitch of Smolensk. Romain Rostislavitch becomes prince de Kiev.
The close East
- April: Eudes de Saint-Amand becomes the 8th Large-Master of the Ordre of the Temple.
- November: Beginning of the reign of Saladin (Salah Aldine Al-Ayyubi) (fine in 1193). It reverses the dynasty Fatimide with the head of the Egypt, restores the legitimacy of the Abbassides and the rite Sunnite. He proclaims sultan of Egypt and founds the dynasty Ayyoubides.
- At the same time, the caliph of Baghdad grants to Nur AD-DIN the nomination of the Syria and the Egypt.
Learning the end from the dynasty Fatimide, the chief of the Sect of the Assassins, Rachideddin Sinan (“the old man of the mountain”) sends a message to Amaury Ier of Jerusalem to announce to him that it is ready, with all its partisans, to convert with Christianity. The Assassins then have several fortresses and villages in central Syria. Many followers of the sect, become of peaceful peasants, pour a regular tribute with the Templiers. While promising to convert, the “old man” hopes to exempt his faithful tribute, that only the not-Christians are held to pay (cf 1173).
Arts & cultures
Sciences & technology
Births in 1171
Death in 1171
Be-X-old: 1171 Map-bms: 1171
|Random links:||La demostraciÃ³n temprana | Mission (Colombia-British) | Pino | Christ carrying her cross | Bouzanteuil | Mediator of the postal universal service | Relations_internationales_de_Hong_Kong|